Learned my lesson buying a videocon led

rohan{_mhtr

Around 1.5 years back i was looking for a new TV around the price range of 1 lackh . Had demoed some samsungs and sonys and had almost finalised on a sammy when the showroom owner ( Next electronics ) showed me this 55' passive 3D HDTV from videocon . It was for 95k . Apparently at that time this was the cheapest 55' 3D led . I compared to few sammys side by side and didnt notice much of a difference . Went ahead and purchased it .
It had one year official warranty and the showroom manager had promised an extended warranty from videocon if a pay a few additional bucks . When i inquired with videocon i found out there was no additional warranty on 3D TVs . Was a shock but i didnt make a fuss since i loved the picture quality . 3 months back my warranty expired and i started facing issues . The top left portion of the screen has become slightly dark and it keeps on flickering and is unwatchable . Called the customer care and got the shock of my life when they quoted the price for a new screen ie 75k !! Its just 15 months and the TV has gone kaput . I cant afford this much right now since i just had my entire house renovated just a month back . Did a few research and found out many people are facing this issue , also videocon just imports cheap chinese TVs and rebrand them .
I hope no one else ever face such a problem , even if you have to shell out a few extra bucks just go with the reputed brands with extended warranty . Is there something i can do with my TV , any good electrition/repairer in navi mumbai would be a help . But again if it is repaired it is still going in my bedroom .

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back