Leave Amplifier and DAC on or not

Sugar

Hi - I am using Primary A34.2 class D amps, Parasound P5 pre amp and Mytek Brooklyn DAC with a dedicated power supply. When I was overseas I used to leave them powered on all the time. On returning to India I get scared to leave them on - though there are so many recommendations about leaving them on. I have been switching them off due to the unstable and unclean power here. But every time I power them down and up and listen to the relays clicking and visualise the electrons surging through their circuits my heart skips a beat wondering when something will blow. I am using spike buster strips but not sure how much they help. I know this On / Off is a perennial debate and my temptation is to leave them on - after all class D uses very little power in idle mode and a DAC is essentially a computer and I leave my Mac minis on all the time. Happy to get thoughts on other people's experiences and help me rid this dilemma every night - switch off or leave on! Thanks friends.

I would put a voltage stabilzer. Your equipment is probabaly rated for upto 230v. India has suddenly changed voltage standard from 230v +- 5% to 240v +- 10%. So the voltage can go upto 256 volts. New equipments getting imported have to satisfy the new norms. So if your equipment was purchased outside India or is an import before 2020 'bhagwan malik' or invest in a prayer room.

Not just for protection from voltage surges, but also from any shorts and ultimately burning down my house I'd not keep any electrical appliance save the fridge ON when going out. A small overheating for some internal failure can compound into a major catastrophe. After all these are machines without any brain.

Aah.. also the energy bill.. little drops of energy wasted maketh a hefty bill

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back