System setup and evolution

Hi Arj

I am really happy that you like your speakers.

Among the audiophile guys "its my last upgrade" typically has a validity for 2-3 months. And then the itch starts. I hope i am proven wrong here.

Hi Arj

I am really happy that you like your speakers.

Among the audiophile guys "its my last upgrade" typically has a validity for 2-3 months. And then the itch starts. I hope i am proven wrong here.

Please dont put the upgraditis Hex on me now !.. but since i cannot afford anything more i should be safe ;)

Congratulations Arj!

Those are indeed a very good buy :) And gorgeous looking to boot! Will definitely be giving you a call and popping in hopefully next weekend as per your convenience of course.

Enjoy!

congratulations!

These speakers look very much appealing.

For sure i am going to request you for an audition of these great looking speakers.

Regards, Amit

congratulations!

These speakers look very much appealing.

For sure i am going to request you for an audition of these great looking speakers.

Regards, Amit

Congrats buddy! Tannoy family is growing in India. Happy to know.

Do update the thread as and when you improve on the tweaks. Imaging has also been my concern with some Tannoys I have heard.

Thanks ranjeetrain,

All these need is space behind them and between them with a toe in such that they crossed in just before the seating position

WOW!!!

Lovely to see you beaming.

Enjoy the fruits of your hard work !

Best Wishes

:)

Congrats Arjun. I heard about your upgrade from Asit- now it is there . I can feel your enjoyment given that you already have Leben CS600. Just enjoy

Regards

I am so glad you started this thread as I was waiting for the opportunity to wax lyrical about your new system.

The Tannoys and the Leben are a really well matched pair and sound wonderful together. The first that hits you is the tonal balance through all the frequencies. They are really smooth and full, and sound accurate with regards to each instrument being played. I think a part of this is also due to the tube rolling that Arjun has done with his Leben which has made it more "neutral" sounding for a tube amplifier. Yet the mid tones are rich and the vocal tracks we heard sounded very good with great stereo separation.

They also will have the potential to image even better when moved to a larger room, which I believe is the plan in a few months. The room is a difficult component of every system and sometimes we are restricted physically that there is only so much one can do. I do think they are really sounding good now in his audio room.
I have not had much experience with listening to Tannoys so this was one visit I was looking forward to very much. I was not disappointed at all. Although they have a distinctive signature - which I could best describe as slightly warm but very fast and visceral at the same time - they still sounded so real on various instruments like the piano and woodwinds. The orchestral music we listened to was reproduced with all the hall ambiance and a great dynamic range too.

I wish Arjun all the best enjoyment with this significant upgrade and personally look forward to listening to his system again.....and again.

Last edited:
WOW!!!

Lovely to see you beaming.

Enjoy the fruits of your hard work !

Best Wishes

:)
Thanks Denom..awaiting your review of the Zodiac :)

Congrats Arjun. I heard about your upgrade from Asit- now it is there . I can feel your enjoyment given that you already have Leben CS600. Just enjoy

Regards
Thanks Pratim. they do go well. I did find someone with the same Combo on Audiogon as well as on You tube and knew they will match well. But proof is in the pudding
I am so glad you started this thread as I was waiting for the opportunity to wax lyrical about your new system.

The Tannoys and the Leben are a really well matched pair and sound wonderful together. The first that hits you is the tonal balance through all the frequencies. They are really smooth and full, and sound accurate with regards to each instrument being played. I think a part of this is also due to the tube rolling that Arjun has done with his Leben which has made it more "neutral" sounding for a tube amplifier. Yet the mid tones are rich and the vocal tracks we heard sounded very good with great stereo separation.

They also will have the potential to image even better when moved to a larger room, which I believe is the plan in a few months. The room is a difficult component of every system and sometimes we are restricted physically that there is only so much one can do. I do think they are really sounding good now in his audio room.
I have not had much experience with listening to Tannoys so this was one visit I was looking forward to very much. I was not disappointed at all. Although they have a distinctive signature - which I could best describe as slightly warm but very fast and visceral at the same time - they still sounded so real on various instruments like the piano and woodwinds. The orchestral music we listened to was reproduced with all the hall ambiance and a great dynamic range too.

I wish Arjun all the best enjoyment with this significant upgrade and personally look forward to listening to his system again.....and again.

Thanks a lot Staxxx. it was important for me to get a view from anther pair of ears used to a good setup as well..to remove any owners (Payers) Bias/justification ;)

Last edited:
Congratulations Arj!

Those are indeed a very good buy :) And gorgeous looking to boot! Will definitely be giving you a call and popping in hopefully next weekend as per your convenience of course.

Enjoy!
Thanks Stevieboy.. welcome anytime

Congratulations...sounds like a great move.
at this point it does sound like that..although i had my share of skepticism toll they got here
Congrats buddy ... as usual me & Venu will jump in to your place sometime ... even if we are not invited :D

definitely ramesh !

Congratulations ARJ - Awesome speakers - Would love to hear them let me know if you are having a group demo or any other arrangement

sure..groups would be difficult since my room is small :) but feel free to let me know and drop in. music is always on these days

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back