Let's BAN channels with logo's & save OLED Tech.

RocK4EveR

OLED is last and latest tech. where black turns 100% darker which enhance the colors and now its came to economical price,,,,

all other Tech. Of display are marketing gimmicks only,,,

so this BURN IN problem of OLED,,, sooner or later comes mainly from channel logo's and other static parts,,,, so Inorder to save OLED and enjoy it fullest,,,, we have no other way than BAN, the channels which are not changing their behaviour of keeping logo's 24/7 and etc. They must stop it 99% and if they want, they can keep transparent, moving 99% opacity logo kind of stuff BUT it should not damage OLED in any form,,, etc.

Almost all video of channels is same and there is no meaning in Exclusive part any more,,, ppl like a channel depends on their quality, hope they concentrate more and stop showing same junk one by one in order to maintain it 24/7.

So once we started BAN them all, they slowly realise and change,,, so without any idiotic war of discussion's etc.,,,, LET'S BAN THEM ALL

Let's unite, pramote, raise and save OLED. by spread the movement like,,,,,,,,

Save OLED, stop LOGO'S.

As I remember from the days I bought my plasma (in 2012) this problem was much talked about. There were elaborate suggestions of how to avoid screen burn in (image retention) in the first few days by running certain content on it. I also read that my model (ST50) has this feature where it ever so slightly moves the picture with some periodicity to avoid logo image retention. I never could perceive that happening. But I can say that there is no burn in/image retention on my screen due to one or the other above. May be something similar also exists for OLED TVs.

Oled burn in may definitely cause heart burn to the buyers. But Channels also need to have an identity & popularise themselves. Besides moving channel logos may not be practical since content developers design the screen content as per the channel logo placement & don't prefer any of their content to be blocked by channel logos.
All one can do is hope for technology to evolve & come up with some work-around & bypass this issue which is sure to happen in the future. Till then manufacturers expect consumers to bear the loss & inconvenience.

OLED brightness levels are very bad... so ban OLED until they achieve true HDR level brightness of 1000nits

It is dual logos , first big logo of star sports and then Tata sky at the bottom.

There used to be "In plane shifting technology" in plasmas to prevent this.May something in OLED will help.

Instead..
Oled TV makers should come up with a Software tweak, which identifies such repetitive static images & asks for user permission to obliterate the Logos automatically (developing an algorithm shouldn't be difficult), whenever a static image crosses more than few minutes...

There are lot of great Tv’s if watching a lot DTH is your top Priority. IMO Oled is for dedicated HT set ups where we have a dark room and watch a lot of 4K and HDR. A good Full HD tv or a 4k tv is more then enough for people who have their TV set up in a hall and watch a lot of cable . I assume most of them who watch a lot of cable channels are going to have their TV set up in their Hall in a bright environment. For such consumers they don’t need an oled. For me I have mine installed in a dark room with a 5.1.2 set up and only use it for watching 4k, HDR movies and full HD Tv shows. I don’t even have a cable subscription.

Instead..
Oled TV makers should come up with a Software tweak, which identifies such repetitive static images & asks for user permission to obliterate the Logos automatically (developing an algorithm shouldn't be difficult), whenever a static image crosses more than few minutes...

LG already has this in 2018 models and above. It dims static logos, and you have low and high settings to choose.

There are lot of great Tv’s if watching a lot DTH is your top Priority. IMO Oled is for dedicated HT set ups where we have a dark room and watch a lot of 4K and HDR. A good Full HD tv or a 4k tv is more then enough for people who have their TV set up in a hall and watch a lot of cable . I assume most of them who watch a lot of cable channels are going to have their TV set up in their Hall in a bright environment. For such consumers they don’t need an oled. For me I have mine installed in a dark room with a 5.1.2 set up and only use it for watching 4k, HDR movies and full HD Tv shows. I don’t even have a cable subscription.

Same here. No cable TV. I just wish they were streaming cricket at high fps though, but I guess that's far away in the future. As of now, even HD at a decent bitrate is not there.

Same here. No cable TV. I just wish they were streaming cricket at high fps though, but I guess that's far away in the future. As of now, even HD at a decent bitrate is not there.
Yeah unless you are going to watch a lot of 4K and HDR a good midrange tv is more then enough. My wife watches a lot of shows and tv programs on YouTube, Hotstar etc and she ended up liking the Sony more for such contents. So instead of selling the Sony tv she installed it in the hall and both of us use it for watching such contents. In showrooms if you notice all the basic and midrange tvs will be playing the same cable channels and the oled and other high end tv’s alone will be playing their own demo videos in HDR.

Yeah unless you are going to watch a lot of 4K and HDR a good midrange tv is more then enough. My wife watches a lot of shows and tv programs on YouTube, Hotstar etc and she ended up liking the Sony more for such contents. So instead of selling the Sony tv she installed it in the hall and both of us use it for watching such contents. In showrooms if you notice all the basic and midrange tvs will be playing the same cable channels and the oled and other high end tv’s alone will be playing their own demo videos in HDR.

They are in a league of their own.

Last thing I want to do is watch Kapil Sharma on my OLED. Hahahaha! The TCL is relegated to that.

I still like to watch live cricket matches streamed full HD on my 2011 model Samsung FHD TV and will continue to do so even after getting OLED TV tomorrow.
Back then watching National Geographic's Animal Planet BD disk was a treat on Panasonic BDP and Samsung FHD TV. I guess FHD was bigger jump than this 4K jump.
Also I could clearly see freckles on many Western female actresses' faces on my "huge" 40" FHD TV.:):)

I still like to watch live cricket matches streamed full HD on my 2011 model Samsung FHD TV and will continue to do so even after getting OLED TV tomorrow.
Back then watching National Geographic's Animal Planet BD disk was a treat on Panasonic BDP and Samsung FHD TV. I guess FHD was bigger jump than this 4K jump.
Also I could clearly see freckles on many Western female actresses' faces on my "huge" 40" FHD TV.:):)

HD to 4k isn't that big a jump unless you're getting a 65 inch or bigger TV. Then it'll have an impact. However, HDR is fantastic. Wait till you watch Our Planet or Planet Earth II or Night in Earth in HDR/DV. You'll be blown away.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back