Letter from 1981 inside a Queen Record.

It might be an interesting excersice to try and locate the aunt and Val or even Lawrence :)
Mumbaikars??
Interesting mongram too. Now what does it tell us about Val? If, indeed, it is hers :confused:
Looks like a dress maker's.

It might be an interesting excersice to try and locate the aunt and Val or even Lawrence :)
Mumbaikars??
Interesting mongram too. Now what does it tell us about Val? If, indeed, it is hers :confused:
Looks like a dress maker's.
You are right. It could be a Miss too. I tried googling the Bandra address but nothing really came up.
Yeah the monogram with the measuring tape and scissors seems to be a dress makers. It would be cool to be able to locate these guys.
I just finished watching the movie Bohemian Rhapsody this afternoon and reached for this record after and it popped out this piece of paper.

You are right. It could be a Miss too. I tried googling the Bandra address but nothing really came up.
Yeah the monogram with the measuring tape and scissors seems to be a dress makers. It would be cool to be able to locate these guys.
I just finished watching the movie Bohemian Rhapsody this afternoon and reached for this record after and it popped out this piece of paper.
How is the movie?

I enjoyed the movie too.....is it just me or does he look more like Mick Jagger than Freddie Mercury in the first half of the movie ?
I recall how much Val Kilmer looked like Jim Morrisson in the movie The Doors with the facial structure and contours et al unlike the lead guy here with regard to finer physical details. Could the androgyny of Jagger and Mercury with the hip shaking effeminate style be a commonality.
The movie might be feel good and might have missed some of the equally real and also darker details of Freddie"s life. The lead actor however has done a very convincing job.One thing I remember is watching YouTube footage of last years of Freddie Mercury"s life with heavy makeup and a gaunt face staring into the camera and singing lines of the song where he could have been alluding to his impending death. Here in the movie, the recordings with the Spanish Opera singer and the last years of his life were not brought up.

Depending on person either they will welcome you or will not care. This is rich Bandra locality I guess, Palli Hill is nearby. Tread carefully if you wish to contact. Christians are nice people. If the letter brings back memory they will surely be happily surprised. Nice area too. I went there in the late 90s to give interview for 2D Animation Job at some place I forgot. Beautiful houses surrounded by trees in those days.
Regards.

Depending on person either they will welcome you or will not care. This is rich Bandra locality I guess, Palli Hill is nearby. Tread carefully if you wish to contact. Christians are nice people. If the letter brings back memory they will surely be happily surprised. Nice area too. I went there in the late 90s to give interview for 2D Animation Job at some place I forgot. Beautiful houses surrounded by trees in those days.
Regards.
Thanks for the heads up Hiten. I second the fact that it is a nice and green neighbourhood. I was at best maybe going to write to them on the address. That too If i felt sprightly and full of positivity on a given day. Don't want to go over anywhere and I am lazy and not that romantic a person.

This is a very interesting find.

I think this is not a letter but a note. It appears that the writer (Val) is a friend of the Lawrence and the person to whom this letter is addressed (aunty) is the Landlady of Lawrence. Val stayed with Lawrence for some time before he got his own place. In all probability Val is not from Mumbai.

Since the writer has to introduce himself as a friend of Lawrence, it means that he stayed for a brief period and he is writing after a small lapse of time and he needs to remind her of himself. Also it may be possible that Lawrence has a number of people visiting him who stay there overnight or briefly.

Why a note? If you look at the content it is said that some of the items are to kept downstairs at some other person's place (from which he could pick up next time). It looks as if Val came to pick up his stuff and found the house locked. The house seems to be on some upper floor.

It cannot be expected that a person working for a bespoke tailoring unit to carry its letter-head. It would make sense that the tailoring unit was located downstairs from which Val borrowed a paper (i.e. the letter-head) and wrote a short note to the land lady instructing her to leave his things 'downstairs' which he would collect next time he was in the area.

Nereus mentioned seems to be either working or is a owner of the bespoke tailoring unit. The lady on receiving the note collected the items mentioned and handed it over to Nereus or somebody there. The note written by Val would have been shown to some person at Nereus's place to convince him/her that she (landlady) was following the instructions of Val. The person accepting the items put it in the Lp record cover for reference.

How is that for interpreting the scenario leading to the note.

This is a very interesting find.

I think this is not a letter but a note. It appears that the writer (Val) is a friend of the Lawrence and the person to whom this letter is addressed (aunty) is the Landlady of Lawrence. Val stayed with Lawrence for some time before he got his own place. In all probability Val is not from Mumbai.

Since the writer has to introduce himself as a friend of Lawrence, it means that he stayed for a brief period and he is writing after a small lapse of time and he needs to remind her of himself. Also it may be possible that Lawrence has a number of people visiting him who stay there overnight or briefly.

Why a note? If you look at the content it is said that some of the items are to kept downstairs at some other person's place (from which he could pick up next time). It looks as if Val came to pick up his stuff and found the house locked. The house seems to be on some upper floor.

It cannot be expected that a person working for a bespoke tailoring unit to carry its letter-head. It would make sense that the tailoring unit was located downstairs from which Val borrowed a paper (i.e. the letter-head) and wrote a short note to the land lady instructing her to leave his things 'downstairs' which he would collect next time he was in the area.

Nereus mentioned seems to be either working or is a owner of the bespoke tailoring unit. The lady on receiving the note collected the items mentioned and handed it over to Nereus or somebody there. The note written by Val would have been shown to some person at Nereus's place to convince him/her that she (landlady) was following the instructions of Val. The person accepting the items put it in the Lp record cover for reference.

How is that for interpreting the scenario leading to the note.
Hi kbhuvi. I missed some of those finer nuances..you have done a nice job of interpreting lose threads and weaving a good story.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back