Lg 3d tv

kiranjack81

Hi All,

bought a LG 42LM6400 and got it delivered. yet to be installed.
1. what are the check list items to make sure that i have not got a display piece (usage hours am going to check, have not opened the packing yet)
2. Have a Sony Home theatre, DTH and Blue Ray player. which brand / Model of Stabilizer would you guys suggest for this setup. As per the capacity i think Vguard Crystal plus should be enough.
3. What cleaning equipment should i buy for the TV?
4. Since this device is not having built in WiFi, i need to buy a WiFi dongle. Can i use third party WiFi dongles. any one among the items in this link

Wireless USB Adapters - Buy Network Components Online at Best Prices in India Only at Flipkart.com

suggestions are most welcome.

Thanks
Kiran

get a belikin gold syrge prtector along with stab.very imp.

And it would be even better if it is a servo stabilizer. If you plan to move up the hifi chain and buy further components in future then an audio grade servo stab (with some filter added...I will check and post) should be looked at. Vertex's servo stab is one such recommended product.

sent from my SIII using tapatalk

While it is important to protect costly items from damage, do not go overboard. I feel that Belkin Surge protector is good enough - no offence meant, milestoneseeker. :)

For cleaning TV, a soft cloth is good enough. Ensure that it is really soft and not bristly. Do not use sprays like Colin, etc.

While it is important to protect costly items from damage, do not go overboard. I feel that Belkin Surge protector is good enough - no offence meant, milestoneseeker. :)

For cleaning TV, a soft cloth is good enough. Ensure that it is really soft and not bristly. Do not use sprays like Colin, etc.

And none taken. I spoke of the stab only if OP wants to add stuff down the line which may be more susceptible to voltage fluctuation.

sent from my SIII using tapatalk

I bought the stock wifi dongle from LG, since I was uncertain if other dongles would work.
That is exactly the problem. This is sometimes described as the light in the refrigerator problem.

How do you know that the light is switched off when you close the refrigerator door? The answer is to open the door and check, in which case the refrigerator door is not closed any more. :)

@kiranjack81: at what price did you purchased this TV? Would appreciate if you can give the review of its performace with respect to SD & hd picture quality, picture blurring etc,

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

prosenjit : should the stab be on mains or the Surge protector? ( sorry am new and have no idea :) )
Canchi : How much did you pay for the LG dongle?
gizmofreak : I bought it for around 73K (reduced another 3k for my old 21" CTV, so its effectively 70K). cant give the review yet as the Set is not yet installed, will get it done today.

I am also not aware of this thing whether the other Dongles will work or not? I tried to search a lot but no exact result came up...

Only Lg dongle will work. Other dongles dont have drivers for your tv. They have drivers for windows or whatever os you are using.

Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

Our fellow forum members have already addressed points 2, 3 and 4. For checking if its a demo piece or not, check the packaging as well as if there are any scratches or fingerprints on the LM6400 panel. Second, check the usage hours. A new unit would have close to null usage and the packaging will be intact as well. The showroom people may try their best but they cannot pack it the way its done in the company. Basically, an eagle eye view would help matters.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back