LG 42PQ6000 review - Trusted Reviews UK

Can you tell me where is LG BEST located in Miyapur? Can you give me their phone numbers? I wanted to go and called with nos I got from justdial, but they wouldn't take the calls.

From Miyapur cross roads, Go towards chandanagar (take left if you are coming from kondapur). 1 KM from there, There is a BATA showroom, this LG is right next to it. Both BATA and LG are in the service road.

PQ was almost same on both LG & Samsung. Only visible difference was that LG (especially PQ70) was far less reflective.

That being the case, I dont need the demo of samsung.. ;)

Hi all,

blasto..
did you take a look at 42G10 at kukatpally shop?
any idea about the price of G10 there...
will visit that shop soon..

G10 is not there on display at the moment (as in yesterday) and road to kukatpally was like hell to drive. If G10 demo is your consern, don't bother going there.

They had S10 and I frankly did not find it superior to X10.
There was also C10.

P.S: There was a seperate room for HT demo with a TV, It might be G10. Call 9866660602 and confirm.

Blasto my friend....this is a 40-45k investment, do you really want to go on the word of someone else rather than trust your own eyes? Let me reiterate that I have no views on LG plasmas, all I am saying is audition all the options under the most reliable possible conditions (as low ambient light as possible in a showroom, brightness and contrast reduced and matched etc.,). If you can take your WDTV (or PS3 if you have been working out and don't mind lugging it ;) ) and your own HDMI cable and play some HD stuff on it nothing like it.

And Adder, I agree I agree.....in bright rooms the brightness of the LCDs really helps, but if you can control the lighting, then no reason to go for one.

i found a clear difference in a scene shown ripples on water. need to say in PV8, the wave propagation was not as clear as in PQ60.

I found the same in the same scene.
The ripples were smooth and coupled with the blue hue of LG made the scene spectacular. You can see the same details in my review elsewhere.

And Adder, I agree I agree.....in bright rooms the brightness of the LCDs really helps, but if you can control the lighting, then no reason to go for one.

I have eleminated LCDs long ago.
Iam also not talking about the LCD kind of brigtness when I compare LG PQ with X10.

Iam just saying that the extra brightness in LG helps in the bulk of picture reaching your eyes given the reflectivity.

For instance, in X10, from quite some distance, I can see my face in the screen more often when it is running. This is less in LG. When switched off, LG is a mirror! But when switched on, the brightness really helps avoid reflections and Black levels/Colour reproduction are multiple times better than LCDs.

I almost feel like LG PQs are hybrid between plasma & LCD TVs with a good balance.
Panasonic is an excellent plasma no doubt. But it comes bundled with typical plasma disadvantages.

Will be going to Bajaj to have a look at samsung. The prices seem same as LG PQ now.

I have eleminated LCDs long ago.

all sub 45k plasmas from three majors are VFM compared to LCDs. IMO dont dig in to the technical details much but go with one which visually pleasing you. its similar to getting married :eek:hyeah: its you, are going to enjoy it. you wont be disappointed.

well even other situations u have to ask the individual what he likes,the two techs give out slightly different picture.
for eg i don't say anyone not to go for plasmas.

@blasto
like i said many 2009 models are really dim,the X10 is one of them since it has to meet the new energy norms,compare it to the older PV8 which consumes around 50% more peak power u will know what i talking about.i already said this a long time ago.

Last edited:
@blasto
like i said many 2009 models are really dim,the X10 is one of them since it has to meet the new energy norms,compare it to the older PV8 which consumes around 50% more peak power u will know what i talking about.i already said this a long time ago.

I read it. It makes sense.

Will be going to Bajaj to have a look at samsung. The prices seem same as LG PQ now.

Bajaj sales guys I think will push for LG plasmas. Also they refused to play any DVD, so it would be good to carry some SD DivX content in USB. But please let us know your observations once you audition.

Bajaj sales guys I think will push for LG plasmas. Also they refused to play any DVD, so it would be good to carry some SD DivX content in USB. But please let us know your observations once you audition.

How will USB content help?
Samsung plasma does not have USB playback I thought?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back