LG 50PQ70-Settings

himeshj

Will be installing the TV today. What settings should I use for the initial period? Have heard that to avoid burn in during the first few days/weeks, one needs to keep brightness/colour/contrast settings at a very low level.

Would appreciate all your help. If you can point me to a website/s, that will be good enough.

Himeshj,
we have been waiting to hear from you abt your 50PQ70.
we haven't seen any review about the 50'' yet. pls share your views, especially about the picture quality as someone in this forum has said the the PQ is not as good in 50'' as in 42''

Will be installing the TV today. What settings should I use for the initial period? Have heard that to avoid burn in during the first few days/weeks, one needs to keep brightness/colour/contrast settings at a very low level.

Would appreciate all your help. If you can point me to a website/s, that will be good enough.

Hi Himesh

We bought the 42PQ70 here in Chennai (for my parents' place) in July this year. During the run in period (which was 3-4 months to be on the safe side), I had kept Contrast, Brightness, Colour etc below 50. 45 to 50 for these should be okay. And the Intelligent Sensor is always set to Max. This feature works like a dream and I am very impressed.

I've posted a review of this tv on Team-BHP in the gadgets section and I shall do the same here soon. It's a great plasma and we are really enjoying dvd rips, blu ray rips etc on it thru the WDTV HD Media player connected to our older Sony HTIB (600W RMS).

Have fun with your new TV and all the best.

Warm regards,
Venkat

Hi Himesh

We bought the 42PQ70 here in Chennai (for my parents' place) in July this year. During the run in period (which was 3-4 months to be on the safe side), I had kept Contrast, Brightness, Colour etc below 50. 45 to 50 for these should be okay. And the Intelligent Sensor is always set to Max. This feature works like a dream and I am very impressed.

I've posted a review of this tv on Team-BHP in the gadgets section and I shall do the same here soon. It's a great plasma and we are really enjoying dvd rips, blu ray rips etc on it thru the WDTV HD Media player connected to our older Sony HTIB (600W RMS).

Have fun with your new TV and all the best.

Warm regards,
Venkat

Hey venkat, We know for sure that the 42" is great for the price. :)
aazam's question was about how the 50" compares with it.
No place had the 50" when I auditioned and so I could not comment.

Thanks,

Hey Blasto,

Yes that's true here in Chennai too. I could not see the 50PQ70 on display. I did manage to see the 50PQ30 (lowest in the range) at one of the E-Zones though.

Well the fact is that the 42 inch plasmas sell more than the 50 inch. So more dealers (those who still believe in selling plasmas) have the 42 inch model on display. Specs wise I think the 50PQ70 has a slightly higher resolution than the 42PQ70 but I don't know whether it would make much of a difference when watching Divx dvd rips or even blu ray rips.

---Venkat

Hey Blasto,

Yes that's true here in Chennai too. I could not see the 50PQ70 on display. I did manage to see the 50PQ30 (lowest in the range) at one of the E-Zones though.

Well the fact is that the 42 inch plasmas sell more than the 50 inch. So more dealers (those who still believe in selling plasmas) have the 42 inch model on display. Specs wise I think the 50PQ70 has a slightly higher resolution than the 42PQ70 but I don't know whether it would make much of a difference when watching Divx dvd rips or even blu ray rips.

---Venkat

I just noted that the 50" is 1365x768p vs 1024x768p of 42". There is a bit of horizontal resolution gain.

Himeshj,
we have been waiting to hear from you abt your 50PQ70.
we haven't seen any review about the 50'' yet. pls share your views, especially about the picture quality as someone in this forum has said the the PQ is not as good in 50'' as in 42''

hi aazam
i have the 50". have posted my initial review on this forum.
the PQ of the 50 will be the same as in the 42 i suppose as the electronics, processing etc will be the same across all sizes in a particular range.
just saw a quantum of solace BD last week and the PQ was brilliant.
main thing to consider is yr viewing distance an your source. i am now 7-8 ft away and while thats great for HD it sucks fr SD. u have to see what yr distance and what u'd rather give more importance to - SD or HD PQ.

I just noted that the 50" is 1365x768p vs 1024x768p of 42". There is a bit of horizontal resolution gain.

if you see 50" the resolution maintains the screen aspect ratio (16:9). but for 42" it corresponds to 4:3 even though the screen is 16:9. this will make the pixels in 42" rectangular.

the pixels per inch of length in either direction are

50" -> 31.32 31.33
42" -> 27.97 37.29

this clearly states that lesser viewing distance there will be clear advantage for 42", provided the picture processing etc are same on both. i think for 50" the distance should be more. for 42" with HD, a distance of 5' seems to be good enough. for SD, the comfortable distance is 8' . so in general i have arranged my setup for a distance of 8".

Couple of questions Gents,
1. What are the preferred settings for the first 100 hours?
2. What cloth material to be used to clean the fkin glass screen! *confused*

Couple of questions Gents,
1. What are the preferred settings for the first 100 hours?
2. What cloth material to be used to clean the fkin glass screen! *confused*

Did you not get the cleaning cloth along with the TV?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back