LG 77" CX OLED best price?

Strider

Even though the 77" model is quite overpriced in India, after lots of deliberation we have decided that it is the best option for our home theater/living room, considering that even the best projectors in the industry (like the JVC NX7) pale in comparison in picture quality.

I hope it's okay that I create a separate thread for this as there is almost no discussion of the 77" model in the main OLED price thread.

From a local dealer in my TN city, it seems that I can get the 77" CX for 7.5 lakhs. I have called showrooms in other cities and it doesn't seem like I can get a better deal yet.

It would be preferable to get the C9 at a cheaper price, but after calling many showrooms in India, it seems the 77" C9 simply isn't available anywhere.

Does anyone know if the CX can be had at a better price, or if the C9 is still available in India for a much lower price compared to the CX? I was hoping to get it for less than 7 lakhs, but I'm not sure if that will be possible.

You can't expect reasonable pricing for a low volume product. It's for people who don't look at price tags while purchasing these.

If you care about pricing for 77" OLEDs, wait a couple of years and it will come down to less than half. LG's current mother glass allows them to cut 48" panels with 77" and both are rising in demand. This year the price of CX 77" in the US went down to $3000, so the expectation of <3 lakhs in 1-2 years is not out of question given that $1300 or so CX 55" is selling for 1.1-1.2 lakhs here.

I wonder where did you audition the NX 7.
A Projector like this deserves a completely blacked out black velvet room to show off what it is capable of.

The deserving environment is right below in the picture. This is with lights on.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1606214020052.jpg
    FB_IMG_1606214020052.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 85
This year is not the right time for 77" OLED TVs in india.

Ideal path is to get 65CX right now and upgrade to 77" 2 years down the line. The total cost of these 2 tvs will come to <5L instead of 7.5L only for the 77" OLED purchased now.

Alternative thinking is, if you get a 77" OLED now for 7.5L, it will be worth only 2L after 2 years since you will get new ones for 3-3.5L. That kind of fall in prices only happen to ultra luxury items, which it is right now, wont be 2 years from now.

My client who works in an IT company with a 24 lakhs per annum salary once thought of buying a 77" OLED a couple months ago. His loan EMI amount @ even 0% would work out to 60k a month for the next year.

I have given him a better idea that he starts a low risk debt fund Systematic investment plan of Rs.25k each month for about a year which will raise about 3 lakhs or a little above it. Now in a year I expect the price to come down to 4.5 lakhs. So his loan amount would come to the difference - about 1.5 lakhs for a EMI of ~14000 a month. It is grand total of 25+14=39. Or if he chooses to continue SIP it would be about 15-16 months in total and he'd be the owner of a 77" OLED. He nodded his head but has invested in an equity fund SIP - a mistake that can go either ways - may benefit him or after a year he may face capital loss too for the tenure. But the idea is to start saving enough for such a grand fiesta!

Even though the 77" model is quite overpriced in India, after lots of deliberation we have decided that it is the best option for our home theater/living room, considering that even the best projectors in the industry (like the JVC NX7) pale in comparison in picture quality.

I hope it's okay that I create a separate thread for this as there is almost no discussion of the 77" model in the main OLED price thread.

From a local dealer in my TN city, it seems that I can get the 77" CX for 7.5 lakhs. I have called showrooms in other cities and it doesn't seem like I can get a better deal yet.

It would be preferable to get the C9 at a cheaper price, but after calling many showrooms in India, it seems the 77" C9 simply isn't available anywhere.

Does anyone know if the CX can be had at a better price, or if the C9 is still available in India for a much lower price compared to the CX? I was hoping to get it for less than 7 lakhs, but I'm not sure if that will be possible.
I was doing some intense running around through TV shops over all of Chennai right before I got my CX55.
While at it, I was able to get access to a few inventory sheets of certain stores. From what I've seen, they all have at max 1-2 units of the 77inch model and none at display.

Do check out Saravana Stores The Legend shop in Padi. Their list had 2-3 units of 77" C9s in stock as of ~Nov10.
LG Shop in Anna Nagar had a single unit of 77inch C9 in stock at the store itself.

Thanks guys. Viewing experience is mind blowing. It's everything you would expect from an OLED, but bigger.

Thanks guys. Viewing experience is mind blowing. It's everything you would expect from an OLED, but bigger.
Oled is my dream thing for the last few years and I might have considered 65" CX instead of the 75" entry level I went for. I have never learnt from my mistakes. But in a few years I am targeting a 77 " oled myself. Or if the technologies in the horizon namely QD-OLED, microled or the quantum dot nanorod LED(QNED) comes to commercial offerings and turns out to be better than OLED technology, I would go for those. Technology changes rapidly and often at the blink of an eye prices drop and are affordable and it replaces the older TVs due to our cravings and itches. But everything can be done if we are frugal enough and save big. Cus once purchased the resale value is not good on these gadgets that are depreciating in nature.

A dealer in Chennai had it. As I understand, it was a unit left over from a cancelled order. He could not find a new buyer, wanted to get rid of it, and only nearly broke even on the sale.
I am so happy for you. So it is from my own city .

A dealer in Chennai had it. As I understand, it was a unit left over from a cancelled order. He could not find a new buyer, wanted to get rid of it, and only nearly broke even on the sale.
Yeah. Its a high ticket rare item, with high risk if it stays on in inventory. Clear & free for both parties.
"Nearly broke" meaning?

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back