LG and Sony’s 2020 OLED TV

sound and music

As LG and Sony (along with Vizio and Konka) have announced their new lineup of OLED TVs at CES, can we expect improvements in the panels (re uniformity and burn-in) besides better upscaling of SD and HD content?

I am a potential buyer of their new 48 inch TV.

The first impressions of CX65 found significant improvements in picture quality over C9.

If that's true, I will skip C9 and go for the CX when it is launched in India.
Well every year the new models are bound to show some improvements in performance and also offer some new feature. And when its newly launched for sure it is going to be very expensive as well. And by the time cx65 is offered at a good price we will get updates on the following year models and we will have to keep waiting hahaha

Well every year the new models are bound to show some improvements in performance and also offer some new feature. And when its newly launched for sure it is going to be very expensive as well.

Absolutely bang-on! I guess the best time to buy is when you think and are convinced you want it. It makes sense, of course, to cash in on special festive season sales. Keeping my ears open for Sankranthi.

In the cx65 introduction at ces Lg says that they have made the best C9 even better. 3rd gen alpha 9 chip, better motion handling, improved gsync compatibility and everything else improved improved. So I feel the c9 is already right up there as a rockstar oled and the newer series for 2020 would be improvements at the most. No radical design changes like borderless panels etc so it’s actually a good year to get the c9 on a good price once the newer models start coming in.

For me personally using a 2016 4K 55inch 3D led tv with Dolby vision and HDR still looks great for the most part. Of course there is a lot of white light bleeding especially when I move the cursor around. Incidentally I had a buyer for the TV for 50k and was therefore seriously contemplating an upgrade to the 65 C9 oled. But not the buyer has backed off. I have several offers for 40k and a few 45 k. So thinking what to do. I can’t use this tv anywhere else so will have to sell it. If I wait too long the selling price will keep dropping. So just holding on for now. Also if I change to a 65inch oled I will also have to invest in new front L and R speakers in my home Theater. So that’s another investment. Hmmm options decisions ....guess I’ll wait it out a bit.

For me personally using a 2016 4K 55inch 3D led tv with Dolby vision and HDR still looks great for the most part. Of course there is a lot of white light bleeding especially when I move the cursor around. Incidentally I had a buyer for the TV for 50k and was therefore seriously contemplating an upgrade to the 65 C9 oled. But not the buyer has backed off. I have several offers for 40k and a few 45 k. So thinking what to do. I can’t use this tv anywhere else so will have to sell it. If I wait too long the selling price will keep dropping. So just holding on for now. Also if I change to a 65inch oled I will also have to invest in new front L and R speakers in my home Theater. So that’s another investment. Hmmm options decisions ....guess I’ll wait it out a bit.
If you can share an image of the complete front view along with the dimensions may be we can suggest if we can squeeze in a 65 inch

As You can see in the image this is the current setup with the 55 inch 3D led. I have measure the dimensions and the c9 will fit here. But the front speakers will have to go. 602EE9AA-A9A7-44B9-B86F-73774E1617A4.jpeg

As you see in the above pic... this TV is intended to be replaced by the 65C9. As measured it will fit perfectly there. Then I will have to remove the Front floorstanders and replace them with something below the TV

As you see in the above pic... this TV is intended to be replaced by the 65C9. As measured it will fit perfectly there. Then I will have to remove the Front floorstanders and replace them with something below the TV
OK changing speakers to match tv is again an unwanted expense and also if the new speakers ends up not performing as good as the current speakers that will be a disappointment. Change speakers only if you want better speakers and not for matching TV.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back