LG IPS TV brightness issue?

deepakrawat

Hi, I am planning to buy an LG tv (42LB5610) and have had some demos in the showrooms (Croma, reliance etc), but I noticed that the brightness/contrast of the TV is a bit low compared to Samsung or other TVs. Has anyone else also noticed the same. Is that due to the IPS panel? Can someone having LG led tv comment if the brightness is sufficient for a drawing room of 14ft by 11ft?

Yes. It is due to IPS panel.
However I feel that it gives more life like colour.
Samsung/Sony are too bright and strain on eye to watch sometimes.
Perception may vary from person to person.I'd prefer IPS panel for viewing angles and durability.

I have the same TV. I am using it in a 20x10 room and the brightness is sufficient. Pictures are stunning in HD, but it lacks in black levels. Black is not perfect.

I have the same TV. I am using it in a 20x10 room and the brightness is sufficient. Pictures are stunning in HD, but it lacks in black levels. Black is not perfect.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, for black levels we'll have to wait for oled's to get cheap.. :licklips: I plan to buy the tv this month. Did you get the flexi wall mount free with the tv?

I got the wall mount with free installation. You need to register at the customer service. The wall mount is of very good quality, weighs like a ton, can be tilted up down or side ways. Get it even if you don't need wall mounting. A similar one from other brands will cost around 3K.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back