Lg jazz 32lg80ur lcd

diplomat

This is my recent addition in series of upgradation to my personal HT. In short, the panel is HD ready, 30000:1 dynamic contrast, 500w with 8 speakers, usb plug n play and handful of input options. My first look at the set in showroom for its spectacular sound followed by PQ comparison with Samsung 32A450 (at lesser price) under Tatasky signal, made me to jump into conclusion without any hesitation. Back in home, the panel performs superb even with normal RF cable signal, may be because of XD and other NR options available. Playing photos, music and divx from USB is just child play. Only drawback here is the user has no choice of adjusting panel brightness, contrast and color etc when USB mode is playing. RED strips all over the panel making it JAZZ may look odd to few, but when one gets the sound from the set with amazing 8 speakers, he just forgets all that look etc. Component with 480p from my pioneer rocks on the panel and even RGB from Bigtv's STB also is excellent to watch. Viewing angle is decent and wall mounting is better option for this light weight panel. I didn't have the option of looking at ONIDA XARIA with 400W, which may be comparable on sound front to this model. Another 32inch series under JAZZ can be the option for some who are specific for full HD. The sliding speakers as advertised are only for the 42inch model and not there even in full hd 32inch model. Hope my exp. will help the fellow members in including this super performer in their list, when they watch out in the nearest showroom.

Hi,

I recently purchased this Tv. I have found the default picture setting "Vivid" is too rich and blothes the images. Hence I tried the User setting. However the TV automatically switches back to "Vivid" after about 5 mnts.

Have you experienced this issue ?.
I contacted LG but they have not replied.

I would appreciate if you check this and revert back.

thanks & regards
suresh

Dear Sureshji,
Vivid is default setting for the set and it only comes back once you change the input mode, I mean from cable to HDMI or RGB etc. However when u play movie from USB the vivid is only choice. If you are getting it changed from user to vivid in same input mode, then follow the user manual on CD and change the factory setting from showroom to home. The system gets default vivid only when the setting is at showroom. Pl follow the manual in detail and I hope u will get the user active till u change the input.
Regards

Dear Sureshji,
Vivid is default setting for the set and it only comes back once you change the input mode, I mean from cable to HDMI or RGB etc. However when u play movie from USB the vivid is only choice. If you are getting it changed from user to vivid in same input mode, then follow the user manual on CD and change the factory setting from showroom to home. The system gets default vivid only when the setting is at showroom. Pl follow the manual in detail and I hope u will get the user active till u change the input.
Regards

It is still weird that the pic should change to vivid in a few minutes! What is LG trying to achieve with this. Somehow this does not seem right to me. Each TV should respect a user's setting without being made aware that it is located in a showroom. If otherwise this shoudl clearly be viewed as a bug (issue) with the set.

Are you sure it is happening the way you describe? If you have ruled out all other possibilities, then this cannot but be a defect in the TV. I'd recommend you make a call to LG customer care pronto.

Hi,

I recently purchased this Tv. I have found the default picture setting "Vivid" is too rich and blothes the images. Hence I tried the User setting. However the TV automatically switches back to "Vivid" after about 5 mnts.

Have you experienced this issue ?.
I contacted LG but they have not replied.

I would appreciate if you check this and revert back.

thanks & regards
suresh

Any thoughts on the 42LG80FR 42" version? Is it a good buy for around 70k? I realise Plasma displays are traditionally better but this has an S-IPS panel. Would that set it apart?

Any thoughts on the 42LG80FR 42" version? Is it a good buy for around 70k? I realise Plasma displays are traditionally better but this has an S-IPS panel. Would that set it apart?

I found the PQ not really that great compared to the Panasonic PV8 and Samsung 410 and 450 (all plasmas). Even Philips and Sharp had better PQ but were more expensive compared to the plasmas. SQ though was the best in the LG Jazz series, but that's not really the reason to be purchasing an LCD or plasma. Only thing going for the LG was its a Full HD compared to the others which are HD Ready.

Still go ahead and do a side by side comparison. That should settle it for you more than anything else. Do carry your own DVDs and rips on a USB stick.

i want to buy but cant make choice
kindly help me
LG 42LG80FR Jazz or samsug 6 series 40 (650A) series
help appreciated

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back