LG Jazz model vs Samsung LA32A550 in 32"

supercoolguy2007

Hello all

I plan to purchase a 32" LCD TV. I explored a lot of models. Among them Sony seemed to be a bit expensive hence I focussed on LG and Samsung.

I checked out Samsung LA32A550 and the TV looked quite good. But I felt that the sound quality deteriorated on high volumes.

LG Jazz was a good model. It looked good and the picture quality was good. Though I cundt notice any difference between the PQ in LG and Samsung. The best part about this model is the sound. I dont think I would need a basic level Home Theatre with the Jazz model.

I am not sure about the reliability of LG in the LCD market( Forgive my ignorance, I m a newbie.... :) ).

Request your guidence on the pros and cons of these 2 models. Also, how is the LG Scarlet model. Any advices on Scarlet would also be useful.

Thanks

supercoolguy2007,

Did you check out Panasonic, Philips in the 32" LCD range? I did and settled on a Panasonic 32" LCD. Their PQ is way ahead of the LGs and Samsungs. Even Sharp Aquos has some TVs with excellent PQ.

Yes in terms of sound the LG Jazz series is way ahead of the pack, but not the reason you should be purchasing a TV. The PQ should take precedence over all else.

hi
i do have the Samsung A550 32 inch LCD and the picture quality is stunning.
yes you still can look at Sharp or Panasonic besides LG and Sony, but you will not get a Full HD model at the same price of samsung.
Since the assembiling of samsung is done in India, the price is lower to the other models but this does not mean that the quality is inferior. in fact samsung is the OEM of LCD panels and are the world leaders.

i personally think panasonic and Hitachi are good in plasma but not great in LCD's at least in the 32 inch around 40-45K budget. i did like the philips model but it was not full HD.

just go in for a Full HD model because that is going to be next big thing.

happy viewing...

Hi all

Thanks a lot for ur replies....

I also checked out Panasonic but I was a little skeptical about going for Panasonic because Samsung, Sony and LG are the mkt leaders I believe in LCD TVs.

Also LG Jazz is a Full HD 1080 model.
Personally i liked Samsung but the sound quality wasnt that gud. Is it true that the sound quality sort of breaks at higher volumes?

Thanks

Hi all

Thanks a lot for ur replies....

I also checked out Panasonic but I was a little skeptical about going for Panasonic because Samsung, Sony and LG are the mkt leaders I believe in LCD TVs.

Also LG Jazz is a Full HD 1080 model.
Personally i liked Samsung but the sound quality wasnt that gud. Is it true that the sound quality sort of breaks at higher volumes?

Thanks

dont buy an lcd expecting good sound quality. infact that shouldnt even be your criteria. the design of lcds dont allow proper sound output. so leave out the sound factor and go for the lcd you think has the best pic quality.

you can always buy a 5.1 or even 2.1 channel speakers to supplement the v speakers.

also i dont think you should give the hd read or full hd terms much of a thought bcoz what you'll be watching is DVD which is 576i (you can upscale it at the most), and DTH crap which isnt even dvd quality. (so higher the resolution for the same crap dvd quality, the more the pixellation) even if you plan to buy a blu ray player and even if you plan to procure a blu ray disc, it wont be more than 720p. 1080p blu rays are quite rare in India, not to mention that its very very very expensive. so go for the tv which fits your budget, you wont notice any difference in pic quality between an hd ready and full hd tv. by the time blu ray becomes popular in India, it will be time for you to buy a new lcd and replace your old one! :D

Last edited:
hey supercoolguy,
my personal advise would be to stay away from LG Scarlet model. the model itself doesnt look professional. you can go in for the samsung A550 if you are keen on a full HD model.
but if you are ok with HD ready, then you can look at even philips, panasonic or even Hitachi.

in my view you cannot go wrong with the samsung A550 as i bought it after rigorous comparisions and reading detailed reviews from across the world.

all said and done, trust your eyes.

well unless u sit around 3 feet or use it as a monitor u dont need a FHD in a 32inch tv,but compared to the samsung and sony the samsung does have the edge in contrast compared to LG,u can also look at sony S,V series they are HD tvs but SD content will look better on them since they need to upscale less compared to series 5 samsung or sony W series,ofcourse u can compensate this by increasing ur viewing distance to around 8 feet.

Thanks all

Your replies have forced me think beyond LG now....:D

In case I consider Samsung, I definately would have to go for a HT because of Samsung's sound quality. In that case which would be the best HT. Would Sony HT compliment Samsung TV's, i mean is there such thing that Sony HTs play best on Sony LCDs? And what other good choices do I have other than Sony. My budget for HT would be around 12-15K.

Thanks

Thanks all

In case I consider Samsung, I definately would have to go for a HT because of Samsung's sound quality. In that case which would be the best HT. Would Sony HT compliment Samsung TV's, i mean is there such thing that Sony HTs play best on Sony LCDs? And what other good choices do I have other than Sony. My budget for HT would be around 12-15K.

Thanks

go for something u can upgrade. like something in the sort of a 5.1 channel speaker system which has coaxial or optical or even better, hdmi connectivity. this will help you upgrade to an AVR based system.

Thanks all

Thanks

well for eg if u go buy a sony lcd and a sony HT then the bravia sync function is more effective meaning which u can control the devices in one remote although not all the functions,but u are better off buying a dedicated AVR and a seperate speakers by increasing ur budget slightly.

Hello Guys
This is my first post. I wanted to buy LCD 40 or 42 inch.I have spent some time to go through the reviews about which LCD is best and out come is mixed. Can any one of you guys tell me which LCD is best? I have shortlisted 3 brands Panasonic 42LZ80/ Samsung 5 series/Sony S series. i will really appreciate if you can help me out.

I will vote for Sony S series:)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back