LG LM47 6200 - Calibration and Wi-fi

mathan

I have recently bought LG LM47" 6200 TV. The HD channels are excellent to watch but the SD channels are average. Also is there a professional way to calibrate the TV to best setting. What kind of Wi-Fi dongle should I use for this TV and where can I get it?

Hey mathan, for calibration, it's best to use the suggested setting that sandesh1978 posted and then tweak around a little bit to achieve the best possible picture quality as it depends a lot on your home ambiance (the lighting, the number of windows, etc.) as well as your viewing habit and taste. So I'm glad that the new setting is working for you. As for the WiFi Dongle, the AN-WF100 model is required for wireless access and will need to be purchased separately. It looks like this: LG AN-WF100 TV Accessories - Wi-Fi Dongle - LG Electronics Australia You can easily buy it from our LG authorized shops as well as on all the major online retailer sites.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

I have recently bought LG LM47" 6200 TV. The HD channels are excellent to watch but the SD channels are average. Also is there a professional way to calibrate the TV to best setting. What kind of Wi-Fi dongle should I use for this TV and where can I get it?

Hey mathan, can you tell us from where you bought it and at what price? And do share your setup as well we would like to see that.

Hey mathan, for calibration, it's best to use the suggested setting that sandesh1978 posted and then tweak around a little bit to achieve the best possible picture quality as it depends a lot on your home ambiance (the lighting, the number of windows, etc.) as well as your viewing habit and taste. So I'm glad that the new setting is working for you. As for the WiFi Dongle, the AN-WF100 model is required for wireless access and will need to be purchased separately. It looks like this: LG AN-WF100 TV Accessories - Wi-Fi Dongle - LG Electronics Australia You can easily buy it from our LG authorized shops as well as on all the major online retailer sites.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hey sherlock will this lg wifi dongle work only with smart tv sets ? Can i purchase this dongle for the general surfing purpose in my laptop only?

Hi shubham garg, the WiFi Dongle is used for devices that do not have built-in wireless capability. Most laptops (dare I say all laptops) nowadays already have built-in WiFi capability so I don't see the point in using it on your laptop :D. Remember that even with the WiFi Dongle, you still need a stable wifi network to connect your TV to the internet. The WiFi Dongle itself is not a wireless router.

LG WRman Sherlock out!

Hey mathan, can you tell us from where you bought it and at what price? And do share your setup as well we would like to see that.

I bought it for 82K. I got four 3D passive glasses along with. As for the setup I am still tweaking it. I am not much satisfied with the SD quality of the channels. I am using Airtel HD and the HD channels are stunning in this TV. There is also a millisecond audio sync problem while watching in SD channels.

Audio sync can be tackeled... Use AV sync option , turn it on under the sound setting... Try it and let me know

Hi LG Sherlock wrman, is lm6200 size less than 65 discontinued by lg, my friend wanted to have a look in mumbai, not available in the market and one of the shop owner said this model is discontinued, is it true ?

Hi LG Sherlock wrman, is lm6200 size less than 65 discontinued by lg, my friend wanted to have a look in mumbai, not available in the market and one of the shop owner said this model is discontinued, is it true ?

It is available in Chennai. Even last week one of my friend bought the 47" LED 3D model.

Audio sync can be tackeled... Use AV sync option , turn it on under the sound setting... Try it and let me know

Yeah, I tried that also but still the sync problem is there. Strangely there are couple of channels where the audio sync problem is not there and then it is there in some of the channels. Mostly the audio sync problem is very much present when there is a live relay (like in news channels).

Ohh great... So this means it is still active model... Good to know this... Av sync worked?

Ohh great... So this means it is still active model... Good to know this... Av sync worked?

Yes. It is still active model but not sure how long it would be though. New models are being churned out frequently now but just take a close look and most of the new models has more or less the same specification but with different model number. Just a marketing gimmick by almost all TV manufacturing companies.

Yeah, about the sync problem, it is still there. Strangely there are couple of channels where the audio sync problem is not there and then it is there in some of the channels. Mostly the audio sync problem is very much present when there is a live relay (like in news channels). Maybe it has got something to do with the Onkyo receiver also.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back