LG Oled 65B9 standby light remains on even after turning off the tv?

DarkLord

Hello. I have LG oled 65b9 bought in October this year. One thing which is bugging me since then is it's standby light. I have two doubts regarding it.

First one is, As we know that normally the standby light remains OFF when the tv is in working condition and it turns ON during the standby mode (when powered off from remote) and then turns OFF when switching the tv OFF from the wall outlet. But in mine, the standby light doesn't turn OFF instantly after switching OFF from wall power outlet and remains ON for sometime (35-40 seconds) . I've attached some video sample links also for better understanding down in the post. Is this normal? AFAIK, It doesn't happen in cx and the standby light there turns off immediately after switching off from the wall outlet .
PS:- I don't immediately turn OFF the TV from the wall outlet and leave it for 15-20mins in standby mode as I've heard that it does some pixel refresh in behind.

And my second doubt is, sometimes when turning ON the tv (after switching ON from the wall outlet then with the remote), that red standby light blinks for few seconds (maybe 3-4 times in 3-4 seconds) then the display turns On ; and sometimes it turns ON without blinking once. How can these can be explained?

It would be really appreciable if someone who own the same model could shed some light on it.
Thanks.

Hello. I have LG oled 65b9 bought in October this year. One thing which is bugging me since then is it's standby light. I have two doubts regarding it.

First one is, As we know that normally the standby light remains OFF when the tv is in working condition and it turns ON during the standby mode (when powered off from remote) and then turns OFF when switching the tv OFF from the wall outlet. But in mine, the standby light doesn't turn OFF instantly after switching OFF from wall power outlet and remains ON for sometime (35-40 seconds) . I've attached some video sample links also for better understanding down in the post. Is this normal? AFAIK, It doesn't happen in cx and the standby light there turns off immediately after switching off from the wall outlet .
PS:- I don't immediately turn OFF the TV from the wall outlet and leave it for 15-20mins in standby mode as I've heard that it does some pixel refresh in behind.

And my second doubt is, sometimes when turning ON the tv (after switching ON from the wall outlet then with the remote), that red standby light blinks for few seconds (maybe 3-4 times in 3-4 seconds) then the display turns On ; and sometimes it turns ON without blinking once. How can these can be explained?

It would be really appreciable if someone who own the same model could shed some light on it.
Thanks.

relax its normal. Leds lights still hold charge sometimes for minutes before they discharge completely. Its the same for my other Hifi amps as well.

Nothing wrong, enjoy your tv.

No problem for the delayed switch on n switch off.

It means there is a fairly large Filter Capacitor in the power supply feeding the Standby circuit (which includes the standy light / LED).

LEDs glow with very very little power consumption, and so remain on for a while after the power to the TV is stopped.

Conversely, during dwitch on, the large Power Supply capacitor takes a few seconds to fully charge n get the circuit funtional before the display comes to life. :)

Thanks so much guys. I was worried about it and thought maybe it would be my PCB problem after my friend showed me his cx's instant off of standby light..But now I feel relaxed knowing that there is no problem. Thanks again. really appreciated. :D

My LG TV oled went off by itself and wont turn on. I tried disconnecting the power source and pressing the power off button afterwards to ensure all power is drained off. Reconnecting the power and turning the TV on is not helping. I do not use the remote control, operate it using TV app on my phone.

If the TV will not turn ON even when you use the Physical Power Button on the TV set, then the TV needs to be repaired.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back