LG Scarlett 42LG60FR

hemantwaghe

Banned
Banned
Hi All,
I know this is discussed in many forums but I need some reconfirmation.
What is user's expereince of LG Scarlett 42LG60FR after 4 months of launch?
I am asking as from Kohinoor Vashi I got the quote of 53 K ( need to check it again ) against exchange of Old CRT TV.
IF The quote is right Now foll are the considerations
1) It is one of the lowest branded FULL HD LCD TV.
2) For Samsung HD ready was more expensive.
3) Another LG 42 LG 53 was slightly cheaper or almost same price.
4) panasonic PV 8 was availbale at 51-53 K with 2k for my old tv.

If the price is right I think I am getting a good VFM.Also I am ready to shell out some amount for coll design ,name and USB

Pls give your inputs .

Hemant

Firstly LG is nowhere near the top of the game when comes to LCDs, even with their Scarlet and Jazz line-ups. And even otherwise why go for an LCD when you can get a plasma for less? both the Pana PV8 and the Samsung 410 are available in the region of 50k without exchange, so why bother bother paying more for the Scarlet? Even at 42 inches the 1080p/720p distinction is still quite slight. At least compare for yourself and see if the added resolution of 1080p makes up for other drawbacks of the Scarlet's picture when compared to the Pana or Sammy plasmas.

Hi Hemant,

You know I was planning on this for my mother-in-law so that I would not need to setup a HT system/HTIB for her, but it was unimpressive to say the least at least in terms of SQ. There was no bass to speak of.

Coming to PQ, Panasonic absolutely rocked in side by side comparison with Philips being very close to Panasonic. Actually there were 4 of us and 2 thought Panasonic was better and 2 felt Philips was better. Also, there was a Sharp Aquos which was the best to everyone's eyes including mine, but I did not want to take a chance with Sharp since it does not have a wide dealership network and nobody had any idea about even where their service center was. Panasonic on the other hand had great PQ, of course SQ was average compared to the LG (but you have to choose a TV for PQ and not SQ) but it is backed by a good dealership network and after sales service and was also more VFM than anybody else. Also, I have 2 Panasonic's, a CRT and PV8 so even for my MIL I went with the Panasonic. Just wanted to share that the LG was not at all impressive and I did audition it for both audio and video in around 5-6 places...

And you get Samsung 410 now for 45k without exchange which super VFM.

Psyc: I see 410 is 50hz and 450 is 100hz. How much diff does it make?

ram, i compared the two side by side.....the 450 was very marginally sharper, but i didn't think it was worth the (at that time) 5k price difference....but if the prices have gotten closer, or if you have the budget flexibility (i was stretching my original budget for a 32" LCD to go for this, so i just couldn't stretch any further)....then the 450 would be a good idea....

And you get Samsung 410 now for 45k without exchange which super VFM.

Psyc: I see 410 is 50hz and 450 is 100hz. How much diff does it make?

ram, i compared the two side by side.....the 450 was very marginally sharper, but i didn't think it was worth the (at that time) 5k price difference....but if the prices have gotten closer, or if you have the budget flexibility (i was stretching my original budget for a 32" LCD to go for this, so i just couldn't stretch any further)....then the 450 would be a good idea....

The 5K still exists, 410 is 4k and 450 is 50k

hmm, i bought the 410 for 55k, so the 450 for 50k sounds like a good deal to me :), but they are both superb TVs, especially for someone like me who mostly watches (pseudo)HD....ie upscaled DVDs....

That where I am stuck, 70% SD content and rest HD (using WD TV) and upscaled DVDs.

So seriously thinking PV80 or A450 or Lg61 :confused: Pana service kind of scares me though.

That where I am stuck, 70% SD content and rest HD (using WD TV) and upscaled DVDs.

So seriously thinking PV80 or A450 or Lg61 :confused: Pana service kind of scares me though.

I would rate Samsung 450 and Pana pv80 as very close in terms of PQ once tuned properly. I have heard some issues with LG and not so sure about their PQ as well as the physical units themselves. It seems they are overly bright even for mid level settings causing viewer strain over period of time.

Re: Story main twist!!

Thank ya all dudes!!!
And let the discussion continue.
As I feel that collabaritive wisdom is far more superior!!
Now if I do need gap analysis I do not watch too much TV or many movies.
I can wait .. as technology progresses,
For a time being I thought why not buy a " CHEEEEP" lcd 32 Inch and later shieft to bedroom?
SO FRIENDS HOW GOOD OR BAD KENSTAR LCD @ RS 20 K??( AGAINST EXCHANGE??)
What is the feedback abut foll cheap brands?
1) Kenstar
2) Videocon
3) VU ( A detail discussion is there but I wany=t new feed back!)
4) AOC
5) Sansui
other brands!

AS 2008 END APPROCHING WITH WORSENING SCENARIO IN 2009 AM BIT WORRIED TO SPEND 50 k +. Also one of the secondhand deler promised me a good data projector @ Rs 20 K whenever availabale!

So I want to reduce my spend and risk and get moooo returns!!!

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME.

2009 is approching and I wish all fellow H Fi Visionaries a rocking ,colourful, technofile ,safe and prosperous 2009! Al ur wish come true ( like OWING 200 Inch oLCD , 1000 W RMS Tube Amp,infinity point infinty surround sound so that there is perfect "live" sound etc.)( I am at home with my small family and I think the raw Glenfiddich without water and is acting on my brain!!!!)

Again all views welcome and have a rocking & safe 2009 again!!!;):)

Last edited:

If you want to restrict yourself to these brands then i'd pick only Videocon and Sansui.....should be the least of the evils....

Thank ya all dudes!!!
And let the discussion continue.
As I feel that collabaritive wisdom is far more superior!!
Now if I do need gap analysis I do not watch too much TV or many movies.
I can wait .. as technology progresses,
For a time being I thought why not buy a " CHEEEEP" lcd 32 Inch and later shieft to bedroom?
What is the feedback abut foll cheap brands?
1) Kenstar
2) Videocon
3) VU ( A detail discussion is there but I wany=t new feed back!)
4) AOC
5) Sansui
other brands!

AS 2008 END APPROCHING WITH WORSENING SCENARIO IN 2009 AM BIT WORRIED TO SPEND 50 k +. Also one of the secondhand deler promised me a good data projector @ Rs 20 K whenever availabale!

So I want to reduce my spend and risk and get moooo returns!!!

PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME.

2009 is approching and I wish all fellow H Fi Visionaries a rocking ,colourful, technofile ,safe and prosperous 2009! Al ur wish come true ( like OWING 200 Inch oLCD , 1000 W RMS Tube Amp,infinity point infinty surround sound so that there is perfect "live" sound etc.)( I am at home with my small family and I think the raw Glenfiddich without water and is acting on my brain!!!!)

Again all views welcome and have a rocking & safe 2009 again!!!;):)

I think you should look at Akai 32". One of the forum members has it and he has very nice things to say about this TV. Under exchange, I have seen ads for it for 25k. It comes with a 7 year warranty!

Put yourself at a 100 universe distance from Kenstar. They suck totally. Mine was a kenstar household 3 years back and now I dont have one product almost all of them have failed and their service well lets it whats that"?

If you want to restrict yourself to these brands then i'd pick only Videocon and Sansui.....should be the least of the evils....

I second that and would rate Sansui a better one. My friend has a Sansui 42 plasma going really string for last 2 years.

Scarltt I was wrong in quoting . It is 55 K against exchange.
Other quotes I got against exchange
Pana PV 8 - 46 K
LG 53 42 inches - 52 K
PANASONIC LCD 32LX80 ,32 Inch @ 27 K !!!
I am now going against spending 50 K and pana 32 deal seems good ( Add 6-7 K in Kenstar pricing and get Panasonic)

Any comments on PANASONIC LCD 32LX80 ??/ Moser is having that right?/

Scarltt I was wrong in quoting . It is 55 K against exchange.
Other quotes I got against exchange
Pana PV 8 - 46 K
LG 53 42 inches - 52 K
PANASONIC LCD 32LX80 ,32 Inch @ 27 K !!!
I am now going against spending 50 K and pana 32 deal seems good ( Add 6-7 K in Kenstar pricing and get Panasonic)

Any comments on PANASONIC LCD 32LX80 ??/ Moser is having that right?/

Hi hemanth,

I have both PV8 and LX80 but not at the rates you have indicated. I paid 55K for PV8 and 35K for LX80, at the rates you mention they are a practical steal so get either one. Both are excellent in terms of PQ, the best with only Philips and Sharp for competition in all side by side comparisons I did. SQ is pretty average though. Both are only HD Ready.

Coming to the Kenstar, Videocon, etc. I would recommend stay away. I would say a better option is to pick up a 29" CRT from Panasonic coming for around 11K (9K under exchange) and then after a year when LCD prices are further down you can go for an LCD or plasma. In another 6 months both LCD and plasma will be a lot cheaper than they are today. Don't spend your money on something that's not good and which you will regret 6 months down the line. Better to stay put and go with a 29" CRT TV, even slim models are available in these CRT TVs.

Thanks Moser
Thanks
Now I have a Philips 29 Inch with component in with nice PQ and below avg SQ . But in all it is a good TV.
The TCL which I am going to exchange is at my mothers place : Ill exchange it with LCD and Ill send my Philips to my moms place.
So CRT out of question now.
Also I am bit skeptical about plasma. More than that Ill be using it in brightly lit room . opposite to display there is large French window with light curtains. So there is a lot of reflection in my CRT and I think plasma will be of no use in such a place.
In fact I am thankful to all the members of this forum I come to know about the lightning conditions required by Plasma

Also I sent you a personal message I am repeating it here.

Hi
Need to talk with you .Is It OK - Pls SMS ur cell number on 9819747718 - As due to some systems issue my net access is limited today..Hemant

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back