LG smart TV having issue with the HDMI ARC

The FM has a problem with ARC only. All other HDMI source inputs work. Besides; I sold him this receiver. If it had a defect, I would not have sold it to him.

Aside from an occasional hand shake issue with my TV, ARC worked without a hitch.

The VSX-1122K is a pre Onkyo era phase model.

Toslink will always work. It is not the same as HDMI which is also a communication protocol. Devices essentially talk to each other, than just pass through a audio/ video feed. The implementation isn't exactly as seamless as say a Coaxial or Optical input.

I had picked up a new TV recently and wanted to send an ARC feed to my cheap Samsung plastic home theater system. It took me a good hour and a half to figure out how to get it to work and work the way I wanted it. This Samsung had no specific ARC setting it its Menu aside from some proprietary HDMI setting to work with other Samsung devices. Turns out, I had to turn this ON too though the partner device is a Sony. I now have the ability to switch on the Samung using the TV remote.

On the subject of HDMI board failing, I have heard of this problem extensively with Onkyo only. It is possible that current generation Pioneers suffer from this too. Hopefully; the LX series are isolated as they are truly great receivers.
HI Sandeep ,

It should not be an AVR issue . I need to spend some time with the HDMI cables and the TV settings.

Dinesh

All ,

The issue has been fixed . I gone through the manual and checked the HDMI Settings .

Control Mode settings was OFF .I Switched it ON and try to change the Audio Settings in my TV .Now everything worked like a charm I was able to control the volume from my TV remote .
Thanks for your all your time and Support .

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back