LG TV - Bangalore Service Center Appreciation

fLUX

I had a large green spot in the middle of the screen on my LG OLED C7 visible on orange shades, on uploading images some FMs confirmed its a panel degradation and alas I had not purchased extended warranty. The TV was exactly 2 years and 3 months old , I reached out to LG Service center for the same and a guy came examined the same , took few pictures and mentioned that he will take it forward for approval. Then i followed up after 2-3 days , he said my request has been rejected by his lead as the defect is not big enough and also my product is outside warranty.

I got his managers contact and followed up, he requested for a video and image as the ones provided seemed to show no defect. I provided a close up image and a video and he acknowledge the issue. He said its outside warranty and would be difficult to get an approval, then I got a call after 2 days mentioning that they can offer me an extended warranty of further 2 years for the panel if i take their ADP plan and replace this for free with only labor charges. I agreed and today they replaced the entire OLED Panel with a new one which has the warranty applicab le from today. Feels like I got a new TV with assurance of atleast 2 more years, happy with their overall service despite having a product outside warranty.

I am so glad this happened to you and not the case of a frustrating "nothing can be done" response by LG. I have a cousin who was with Samsung as a VP sales, who helped his close relatives and friends with such catching the bull by its tail sort of help with extended warranty retro-purchase trump cards. In the end all's well that ends well.

I am so glad this happened to you and not the case of a frustrating "nothing can be done" response by LG. I have a cousin who was with Samsung as a VP sales, who helped his close relatives and friends with such catching the bull by its tail sort of help with extended warranty retro-purchase trump cards. In the end all's well that ends well.

Did not want to add the Samsung part in here as its a LG part, i have a Samsung TV which is right now having an issue and after a visit and numerous followups from my end have got no response yet.

How were you using the TV set before? For 2 years and 3 months of usage, there should not have been an issue in the first place. Try to learn from your mistakes to last the new panel longer. OLED TVs can't be rough used like conventional LCDs with LED backlighting. Switch off TVs regularly, don't leave it on when not in use etc...

How were you using the TV set before? For 2 years and 3 months of usage, there should not have been an issue in the first place. Try to learn from your mistakes to last the new panel longer. OLED TVs can't be rough used like conventional LCDs with LED backlighting. Switch off TVs regularly, don't leave it on when not in use etc...

Precisely my point, It was used for only 3700 hours & was used carefully. Very rare cable tv usage, gaming and only streaming content. I dont think i could have been any more more careful with usage , doesnt makes sense to be any more careful as end of the day its a TV afterall for your viewing habits. Have heard they have improved the panel further in the newer iterations , as per FMs this was a pixel degradation which happens at center and is quicker for older OLEDs

Glad you could resolve it smoothly. How much did it cost for the warranty and labor charges.
Cost me a 42k for the extended warranty and 1k for the labor charges as against 26k if I had got it in the beginning. Was ok with it since I got an extra year of warranty over buying at the beginning.

Any escalation matrix for LG water purifiers?
I have the water purifier problem from last November (purchased last auguest) wherein it stops working every 15-20 days and any complaints is just met with filter replacement, which again goes bad in 15 days and so on.
Whole of the lockdown we were getting water from outside and raised complaint soon after lockdown.
They procrastinated one more month saying low % of personnel working and finally when they attended, it was only 20 days till the warranty expiry. They still changed the filters saying it will work for 3 months. But again the purifier stopped working like clockwork after 15 days.
With only 5 days to claim warranty, I again raised a case. They took 1 week to attend stating just out of lockdown but then claim my warranty is over and I need to pay for any service. So basically I did not get the problem I posted on last november itself resolved but they have audacity to claim warranty period over and I also need to pay AMC.
With the kind of service they provided, I was rightfully hesitant to take AMC but they will not repair the product either saying only filter needs change and that is part of AMC.
On pushing, the reply was that my apartment water is impure and so the filters go bad every 15 days. Now what kind of argument is that? My apartment complex has 500 apartments and almost everyone uses a brand of water filter. Also if the water is pure, why would I even buy a water purifier?? Measured ppm of the water is 257 using the device I got from amazon and it is almost same in every apartment.
So it has been like this for the last 3 months where they want me to pay before they do anything and iam rightfully hesitant and almost used to getting external water cans. Iam even ready to pay if they do the repair and demonstrate that the purifier is working non stop for 3 months but they dont agree. And some times they just tie the problem to the impurity of water which I don't understand what repair costs I will be paying at all?? Anyone else is confused similarly?
Part of me says throw the water purifier in dustbin and go on with my routine but a tax paying honest person in me asks why do I have to put up with this bullshit and what options do the government provide to safeguard against such people.
IMO, the problem is LG technicians never visit whatever you crib with the CC. Only the local filter guys turn up and they know only to change the filter while the problem is elsewhere.
Let me know how to proceed and what options I have as a consumer in india. It is <20k product, so tossing in the dustbin is an option. IMO, in a quest to enter into as many verticals as possible, LG stepped into wrong foot with this water purifier business. Hopefully they just terminate and safeguard the good name they have earned elsewhere.

You are way off-topic here but I guess Eureka Forbes (aquaguard, the segment leader along with Kent) also are bad with customer complaints. You said you can bear charges and so try a local water purifier service company. My aquaguard geneus also has been attended by an external service technician and it did the trick. That's the state of affairs with water purifiers these days.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back