LG V20-Best and affordable HiRes Music Player with Quad DAC

Any feedback/experience re LG new model - G7?

I think the UDAC chip on G7 is the same as in previous models but some software upgradation may be there.

Any feedback/experience re LG new model - G7?

I think the UDAC chip on G7 is the same as in previous models but some software upgradation may be there.
I tried v30 and g7 in a store abroad. Both sounded same to my ears on a beoplay h6 headphone. Don't know if the quad DAC was on or not. Though I did not A/B I think the venture electronics ODESSEY type c DAC is a wonderful device to reach the lg level in clarity (not with power) at a cheap price. I have one of those, and it really is an improvement to the stock galaxy s8 I have. It's limited to 44.1 khz though. It sounds better than my iPhone 7 also. I don't have a LG to compare it with.

Today I bought G7 as someone was selling a brand new one at a cheaper price. Will share my impressions after a few days.

This thread too encouraged me to buy it.

Last edited:
LG V20 can automatically detect the impedance of the device connected to the headphone jack. While Quad DAC is automatically activated when any device is connected to the headphone jack, there are certain restrictions to avoid hearing damage. High Impedance mode will be activated only when a device with more than 50 ohms is connected. But there is a trick to activate it even with ordinary devices.

1. Connect a Y cable
2. First, connect a high impedance headphone/device which has 50 ohm or more to one end of the Y cable.
3. Next, connect your regular headphone/device to the other end of Y cable
4. Now remove the high impedance device described in step 2.

Now you can output high impedance to your low impedance headphone/device. This will be very useful when connecting it directly to a power amp.
Hi
Can you please tell me how to connect LG v20 to the amp/

Hi
Can you please tell me how to connect LG v20 to the amp/
3.5mm to rca.

Today I bought G7 as someone was selling a brand new one at a cheaper price. Will share my impressions after a few days.

This thread too encouraged me to buy it.
Good choice. We audio community should support music dedicated stuffs. Enjoy your g7. It sound same as v20,g6,v30.

I have fiio x3 its very good. It is very balanced and refined.

And as much i know x3 2nd gen is discontinued.

DACs are very subjective, then what is not when it is about audio. Good synergy with the rest of the system is paramount for a DAC to be judged. Maybe in your case the Mojo was a better match than the others, quite easily possible.
Which Schiit did you listen to? Modi or Bifrost or higher?
I have heard both the Mojo and Dragonfly on my system but they did not quite blow me away, sounded nice for sure as they should but my Emotiva was better by all counts, so was a Musical Fidelity VDAC. I have had similar experiences on other setups as well.
I had the shit multi
DACs are very subjective, then what is not when it is about audio. Good synergy with the rest of the system is paramount for a DAC to be judged. Maybe in your case the Mojo was a better match than the others, quite easily possible.
Which Schiit did you listen to? Modi or Bifrost or higher?
I have heard both the Mojo and Dragonfly on my system but they did not quite blow me away, sounded nice for sure as they should but my Emotiva was better by all counts, so was a Musical Fidelity VDAC. I have had similar experiences on other setups as well.
I had the shitt Modi multibit before I bought the mojo. I bought it for portable use. But I did try it against a pair of genelec 1031(or 2) not sure at a friends studio. Side by side the mojo had more authority to voices which I liked, shit was wider though but less musical in that combination. The result was similar on my home system which comprises of Myryad integrated and a power with ALR Jordan Number 4.I was sceptical about it being a portable, but it literally became the better sounding dac of the two. May not be a competition for higher shits but Modi multibit is inferior as a dac alone compared to the mojo as a dac alone.

I had the shit multi
I had the shitt Modi multibit before I bought the mojo. I bought it for portable use. But I did try it against a pair of genelec 1031(or 2) not sure at a friends studio. Side by side the mojo had more authority to voices which I liked, shit was wider though but less musical in that combination. The result was similar on my home system which comprises of Myryad integrated and a power with ALR Jordan Number 4.I was sceptical about it being a portable, but it literally became the better sounding dac of the two. May not be a competition for higher shits but Modi multibit is inferior as a dac alone compared to the mojo as a dac alone.
Hope you are not deliberately referring 'Schiit' as 'Sh*t'! :D
Your observations on Mojo is interesting, so much so that I want to hear it extensively now in my system.

Hope you are not deliberately referring 'Schiit' as 'Sh*t'! :D
Your observations on Mojo is interesting, so much so that I want to hear it extensively now in my system.
I am using it deliberately because the company originally deliberately made it sound like sh*t to have fun with the name. ;)

I demoed the V20 but found that the IEMs make a larger difference than the DAC on the phone. Anyhow love the DAC on my old Samsung S7Edge compared to iPhone X

Hi,
Since DAC’s are being discussed on this thread, I would like to ask a question to all you Hifi gurus. At the moment I am streaming music to my Yamaha a s501 through my iPhone 6 via 3.5 to RCA cable.
I recently ordered a CCA and a Toslink cable from the US, which I’ll get in a few days, thinking of connecting the phone through the optical cable, so as to use the inbuilt DAC in the Yamaha.
The question is, can I expect an improvement in SQ from the Yamaha DAC, or will this be an exercise in futility.
Thanks.

At the moment I am streaming music to my Yamaha a s501 through my iPhone 6 via 3.5 to RCA cable.
That is not streaming by the way :)

You can try both the digital (toslink) and analogue (3.5mm to RCA) routes with the CCA and let your ears decide.
Either way, enable "Dynamic Range" in the CCA settings for full stereo bandwidth.

Though the toslink implementation is not that great in CCA, it will however depend on how good it is in the Yamaha.
The DAC quality in CCA is quite ok by the way.

Just run a comparison.
Happy listening

That is not streaming by the way :)

You can try both the digital (toslink) and analogue (3.5mm to RCA) routes with the CCA and let your ears decide.
Either way, enable "Dynamic Range" in the CCA settings for full stereo bandwidth.

Though the toslink implementation is not that great in CCA, it will however depend on how good it is in the Yamaha.
The DAC quality in CCA is quite ok by the way.

Just run a comparison.
Happy listening
Probably my bad, by streaming I meant the music that I stream from Gaana, Pandora and Spotify, there’s no downloaded music in my iPhone.
No doubt I’ll be running a comparison, once I get my CCA in a few days.
Actually I wanted to know how good is the DAC in the Yamaha a s501, and whether it is better than the one in CCA.
Guess my curiosity will have to wait for a few more days, till I get my CCA.
Thnx for replying, and happy listening to you too sir.

I have a zerolemon extended battery for lg v20 six months old. If anyone interested please pm me. Reason for sale. Upgraded v20 to v40 recently

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back