Liberty Grandview autolock pulldown screen - help on fixing it to ceiling

arnprasad

Hi - I paid around 13K for my liberty grandview screen more than 10 years back and currently it is fixed to my ground floor hall and I want it to be moved to first floor as that is where my rest of the HT is.

Currently I have the Inlight 120 inch screen with stands on left and right in first floor...while for the price I paid for it...around 7K - I have no complaints..having two stands means it takes up real estate and also it is very difficult to move or make changes. Hence I want to get rid of it and have the liberty screen fixed to the ceiling so that when not in use..it disappears.

With great difficulty got one guy to remove the liberty screen and when he took it to first floor - he said that the first floor ceiling is made of concrete and hence unlike the previous installation in the hall where its a brick wall and ceiling - this one needs special tools. He also said that I have exactly 9 feet to fix it on the concrete ceiling and hence directly fixing it is very difficult as he needs some space left and right.

So he recommended that I go to some hardware/welding guy and ask for some L brackets and he said that since ceiling is concrete...these welding guys only have to come and fix it with special bolts...etc. and then he suggested that we fix the screen with some kind of hooks....this way the screen wont be fixed directly to the ceiling and this L bracket is more secure.

Please let me know if you agree with his assessment and also what exactly do I tell the hardware/welding guy? are these the right people to go to? Also my screen is way heavy than I thought...two people can barely lift it and move..hence it may be in the 30-40 Kilo range. So will this L bracket hold this kind of weight - particulary if we use some kind of hooks? what kind of hooks will hold 40 kilo weight?

Please help me out as next month I will get my Atmos receiver and if I get rid of the Inlight screen stands....I can place my speakers better (Currently the stands and screen ensure speakers are behind the screen and hence I lose some sound and this also masks my center speakers...hence I only get 60-70% of sound from speaker) as having a screen placed higher up means my center speaker wont be masked.

Many thanks in advance for your help!!

Please see the first half of the below video for what I am talking about.

Last edited:
Hi - I paid around 13K for my liberty grandview screen more than 10 years back and currently it is fixed to my ground floor hall and I want it to be moved to first floor as that is where my rest of the HT is.

Currently I have the Inlight 120 inch screen with stands on left and right in first floor...while for the price I paid for it...around 7K - I have no complaints..having two stands means it takes up real estate and also it is very difficult to move or make changes. Hence I want to get rid of it and have the liberty screen fixed to the ceiling so that when not in use..it disappears.

With great difficulty got one guy to remove the liberty screen and when he took it to first floor - he said that the first floor ceiling is made of concrete and hence unlike the previous installation in the hall where its a brick wall and ceiling - this one needs special tools. He also said that I have exactly 9 feet to fix it on the concrete ceiling and hence directly fixing it is very difficult as he needs some space left and right.

So he recommended that I go to some hardware/welding guy and ask for some L brackets and he said that since ceiling is concrete...these welding guys only have to come and fix it with special bolts...etc. and then he suggested that we fix the screen with some kind of hooks....this way the screen wont be fixed directly to the ceiling and this L bracket is more secure.

Please let me know if you agree with his assessment and also what exactly do I tell the hardware/welding guy? are these the right people to go to? Also my screen is way heavy than I thought...two people can barely lift it and move..hence it may be in the 30-40 Kilo range. So will this L bracket hold this kind of weight - particulary if we use some kind of hooks? what kind of hooks will hold 40 kilo weight?

Please help me out as next month I will get my Atmos receiver and if I get rid of the Inlight screen stands....I can place my speakers better (Currently the stands and screen ensure speakers are behind the screen and hence I lose some sound and this also masks my center speakers...hence I only get 60-70% of sound from speaker) as having a screen placed higher up means my center speaker wont be masked.

We’re you able to fix it?

I had mine fixed using custom L brackets and Fastners into wall. Got rid of it last year to upgrade to a better fixed frame screen

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back