Life in the soil was thought to be silent. What if it isn’t?

Analogous

A handful of scientists have started to train their ears to the worms, grubs and roots underground. They were not prepared for what they heard.

Remember the movie Avatar. You should see the series on National Geography Cosmos.

Series 1 was "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey" which talked about many scientific discoveries that have happened from different periods of time.
Series 2 was "Possible Worlds". It starts off with an adventure spanning billions of years into the evolution of life and consciousness. A visit to a 100,000-year-old laboratory. The story of the change in life-style that radically altered human existence and the life of the heretic who found god in the book of nature, opening our way to the stars. Episode 5 was a voyage of discovery through the evolution of consciousness with stops in ancient Greece, a visit to the largest life form on Earth, into the poignant dream of an abandoned orphan that opened the way to our understanding of the architecture of thought and beyond to a vision of a galactic network of thought.

The world of bees was fascinating and another I came to know is the plants, bacteria and fungi also communicate with earch other and you could say plants also have consciousness. Episode 7 is a revelation of the hidden underground network that is a collaboration of four kingdoms of life, and a true first contact story between humans and beings who communicate in a symbolic language and have maintained a representative democracy for many tens of millions of years.

Both the seaons are available on hotstar.

Here is a condensed version of the mycellium network through which plants communicate.

Remember the movie Avatar. You should see the series on National Geography Cosmos.

Series 1 was "Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey" which talked about many scientific discoveries that have happened from different periods of time.
Series 2 was "Possible Worlds". It starts off with an adventure spanning billions of years into the evolution of life and consciousness. A visit to a 100,000-year-old laboratory. The story of the change in life-style that radically altered human existence and the life of the heretic who found god in the book of nature, opening our way to the stars. Episode 5 was a voyage of discovery through the evolution of consciousness with stops in ancient Greece, a visit to the largest life form on Earth, into the poignant dream of an abandoned orphan that opened the way to our understanding of the architecture of thought and beyond to a vision of a galactic network of thought.

The world of bees was fascinating and another I came to know is the plants, bacteria and fungi also communicate with earch other and you could say plants also have consciousness. Episode 7 is a revelation of the hidden underground network that is a collaboration of four kingdoms of life, and a true first contact story between humans and beings who communicate in a symbolic language and have maintained a representative democracy for many tens of millions of years.

Both the seaons are available on hotstar.

Here is a condensed version of the mycellium network through which plants communicate.

Thanks for these links. I will look for them.
The book called “Secret lives of Trees” gives a fascinating insight into the phenomenon you have mentioned.

Thanks for these links. I will look for them.
The book called “Secret lives of Trees” gives a fascinating insight into the phenomenon you have mentioned.
Just watch the series on National Geographic. For me it was endless hours of popcorn time. Both the seasons have been presented by Neille Degrasse Tyson.

Many of what was in Series 1 I already knew. But "Possible Worlds" was absolute jaw dropping experience. If you have subscription on hotstar, you can watch it. I think streaming from natgeo is possible too

A handful of scientists have started to train their ears to the worms, grubs and roots underground. They were not prepared for what they heard.

this is fascinating. was watching a documentary on whales. they communicated 15,000 kms using their own low frequency rumblings..thats slightly less than halfway across the world !

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back