Light Wt stuff to get from US?

anm

A friend is coming over from the US.
What can I ask him to get?
Few things I can think of:

1. region free mod kit for oppo 95
2. some hard disks?
3. NAS - not sure if he can bring it though.

Anything else that is difficult to get locally, has great price in the US, and is like 1-2 pounds in weight?
An LP cart would be a good idea, but I have still not started research on players :)

Last edited:
If you are gonna get into vinyl, get a ray samuels nighthawk phono. It is the size of a 20s cigarette pack. Great buy.

5533230677_810c94f67c_z.jpg

Compatible with both analog and digital sources...

anant, i am not available until the weekend after the 22nd....

am out of town, both the coming weekends...

How much weight can he carry? A 4 bay ReadyNAS NV+ is about 12+ lbs. HDD prices havent dropped significantly yet. 2TB is around $100 and 3TB 150 appx-though still cheaper than here.

he is talking about 2-3 pounds. otherwise I would have got a projector. I had projector in mind when he said he can bring some stuff :(

Intel SSDs are cheaper out there. If you're planning to go SSD on any of your PCs, I'd suggest getting one or two of the Intel 330 series.

I've also heard (not certain) that Intel SSDs have international warranty.

If you are into vinyl then damping oil, bearing oil, record cleaner liquids etc for TT which is not permitted through courier unless carried personally. Head shell, cartridges, audio CDs, interconnect wires etc.

any suggested blu-ray drive/ writer? Hoping usb 2.0 will be good enough for playback/ ripping and burning without issues.

Most friends in Chennai appreciate when I bring Hershey chocolate, C&H Dark Brown Sugar, BENGAY pain reliever cream, Axe body wash, and Vans Tennis shoes. I cannot reveal what the ladies like because this is a family friendly forum.

If you are into vinyl then damping oil, bearing oil, record cleaner liquids etc for TT which is not permitted through courier unless carried personally. Head shell, cartridges, audio CDs, interconnect wires etc.

You may not hand carry liquids in excess of 4 ounces for personal use. Perfumes, medicines, and things of that nature. These must be packed in a 1 litre plastic bag and presented to the TSA for inspection.

Flamable liquids like alcohols, acetone, solvents, oils, greases, as well as compressed gasses are prohibited. You cannot hand carry or place in checked luggage.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back