Listening Impressions of my NAD T758V3

dillihifi

As I was on the lookout for an AVR to replace my dead Harman Kardon (ref AVR around 1L ) I finally zeroed down to the NAD T758V3

Well I picked this unit around a month back and during the last 2 weekend have set it up though there is probably more to do with the Dirac Live which I haven't mastered yet but have done a preliminary equalization to walk me through the process.

The menu and options were a little different and it took some time to set it up. Further though I was quite familiar with the NAD sound, still initially without any kind of equalization the sound is you can say with lots of headroom and with micro details blended in. Further after tinkering with the unit and loading up a Dirac Live Curve the sound is nice and with bass getting more tighter (it was initially good), well as the Dirac gives me a computer to work with the graphs and adjust the crossovers and set a target curve and the sound was different in a nice kind of way. (Lots to learn regarding Dirac but I am liking this straight away given the high level of control the user has). Initial impressions are based on streaming from Amazon prime, some Blue Ray rips played from my Oppo. Will give it another work out over the coming weekend and post further impressions.

Having listened to many receivers I think sound wise this is one the finest available at this price point. Well it may be lacking a few features but the sound is fantastic. The receiver is Bluesound enabled and helps me to stream all my flac files on my laptop to the NAD and there are no of music services available including Tidal. This works as expected and there is zero drops (well I have a router in the same room which I am sure helps). The AV presets on NAD are another delight which enable me to recall different speaker configs, equalization, front panel display, surround format at the click of one button.

Last edited:
First question we Indians love to ask is “kitna average deta hai” :rolleyes: how about a lil bit of appreciation sir?

It is a lovely lovely AVR. A friend in Bombay had bought one recently and was raving about it as well. Congratulations.

As I was on the lookout for an AVR to replace my dead Harman Kardon (ref AVR around 1L ) I finally zeroed down to the NAD T758V3

Well I picked this unit around a month back and during the last 2 weekend have set it up though there is probably more to do with the Dirac Live which I haven't mastered yet but have done a preliminary equalization to walk me through the process.

The menu and options were a little different and it took some time to set it up. Further though I was quite familiar with the NAD sound, still initially without any kind of equalization the sound is you can say with lots of headroom and with micro details blended in. Further after tinkering with the unit and loading up a Dirac Live Curve the sound is nice and with bass getting more tighter (it was initially good), well as the Dirac gives me a computer to work with the graphs and adjust the crossovers and set a target curve and the sound was different in a nice kind of way. (Lots to learn regarding Dirac but I am liking this straight away given the high level of control the user has). Initial impressions are based on streaming from Amazon prime, some Blue Ray rips played from my Oppo. Will give it another work out over the coming weekend and post further impressions.

Having listened to many receivers I think sound wise this is one the finest available at this price point. Well it may be lacking a few features but the sound is fantastic. The receiver is Bluesound enabled and helps me to stream all my flac files on my laptop to the NAD and there are no of music services available including Tidal. This works as expected and there is zero drops (well I have a router in the same room which I am sure helps). The AV presets on NAD are another delight which enable me to recall different speaker configs, equalization, front panel display, surround format at the click of one button.
Very few nad avr owners on the forum. Congrats on your purchase. Enjoy
It would be good if you could post some pics of your setup

Nad makes some wonderful products..

May not be very feature heavy which IMO is not a bad thing..

Do post pics..

Hi all thanks for all the encouraging words.

Well I am obviously very pleased with my new AVR. I got this from Audio Nirvana, M Block Market, GK-II, New Delhi (pls google for the contact) who are the authorized distributors of NAD in Delhi and Mr Ashish (one of the partners) was personally known to me.

As I had already listened to the NAD, Denon & Yamaha so I was already familiar with the NAD sound (of course the experimenting with the Dirac Live and customizing the curve takes the sound to another level). There is a very detailed thread by some owners in the AVS forums where there was some people who have reported about some issues with the new AM 230 sound card so I was initially wavering but the rupee appreciation coupled with the impending rise in the prices of the equipment made me pull the trigger.

The receiver is placed in the living room and initially I have connected this to a 5.1 set with Martin Logan LX 16 as fronts and some unused Onkyo bookshelves for the surrounds. I have a Sonodyne Roar 210 doing the subwoofer duties. After calibrating with the Dirac Live I could feel that the sound has cleaned up and bass from the sub was more controlled and did not add a bloated effect to it (well I am still learning the nitty gritties of Dirac Live and would take some time in the coming weekend to fine tune it further but initial impressions are great). The flacs of Chrs Jones (No Sanctuary Here), Fleetwood Mac (The Chain), Maddona (This is my playground) sounds great though I have a separate Lyrita based system for music but the music from this unit was fabulous and the full bodied.

I have connected the TV via the optical o/p and am getting Dolby Digital through the amazon firestick, however sometimes I think that the receiver does not get a signal and some sound (like a TV turned on to an untuned frequency can be heard for a few seconds), though this is not the case always. Will switch to HDMI and post impressions. Though I have an Oppo and Toshiba HD DVD, am yet to play some demo material and experience the full scale uncompressed tracks for Dolby Tru HD and DTS Master HD.

Next step is to get some speakers for Atmos. As I do not have a false ceiling therefore what are the options available ?

Will post a few pictures of my setup over the weekend.

Well I am obviously very pleased with my new AVR. I got this from Audio Nirvana, M Block Market, GK-II, New Delhi (pls google for the contact) who are the authorized distributors of NAD in Delhi and Mr Ashish (one of the partners) was personally known to me.

As I had already listened to the NAD, Denon & Yamaha so I was already familiar with the NAD sound (of course the experimenting with the Dirac Live and customizing the curve takes the sound to another level). There is a very detailed thread by some owners in the AVS forums where there was some people who have reported about some issues with the new AM 230 sound card so I was initially wavering but the rupee appreciation coupled with the impending rise in the prices of the equipment made me pull the trigger.

The receiver is placed in the living room and initially I have connected this to a 5.1 set with Martin Logan LX 16 as fronts and some unused Onkyo bookshelves for the surrounds. I have a Sonodyne Roar 210 doing the subwoofer duties. After calibrating with the Dirac Live I could feel that the sound has cleaned up and bass from the sub was more controlled and did not add a bloated effect to it (well I am still learning the nitty gritties of Dirac Live and would take some time in the coming weekend to fine tune it further but initial impressions are great). The flacs of Chrs Jones (No Sanctuary Here), Fleetwood Mac (The Chain), Maddona (This is my playground) sounds great though I have a separate Lyrita based system for music but the music from this unit was fabulous and the full bodied.

I have connected the TV via the optical o/p and am getting Dolby Digital through the amazon firestick, however sometimes I think that the receiver does not get a signal and some sound (like a TV turned on to an untuned frequency can be heard for a few seconds), though this is not the case always. Will switch to HDMI and post impressions. Though I have an Oppo and Toshiba HD DVD, am yet to play some demo material and experience the full scale uncompressed tracks for Dolby Tru HD and DTS Master HD.

Next step is to get some speakers for Atmos. As I do not have a false ceiling therefore what are the options available ?

Congrats on your purchase...indeed an excellent AVR!

In terms of Atmos speakers...get some satellite type of speakers which can be angled accordingly......like cubes from Telome/DNM/Space/PAudio which can be directly hooked to the amp/avr......

asked about the price because heard it at Hifi event but never dared to ask the price knowing it is quite expensive and since i am also from delhi so i could get the best price if i decide to go for it

Congratulations with purchase and thanks for the review. Consider buying now :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back