Lockdown projects - how to fix LED Strips in Plastic casings and stick it to the floor

arnprasad

Hi..I have a rectangular room upstairs - three sides being something like 13X18X13 feet approximately. I had ordered three 5 meter blue LED strips with a plan to fix it on the ground or near to ground to kind of give it a movie theater type..blue corner look. On option was to fix it to the corners of the ceiling but I dont have space for that. So I have two options closer to the ground - first option is the ground itself..second option is I got a raise half a foot above ground (not sure what the right english word is :))

Now in both these cases I dont want to fix the strip directly on the surface - the surface itself isnt smooth plus the adhesive on the back isnt strong enough. Plus this is a normal room - not a dedicated HT room..so the maid sweeping the floor isnt good for it. Also the lights themselves are too bright on your eyes.

So I thought of using white casing as the base and the strip inside it (leaving the top open). Its got several advantages. The inside of the casing is smooth enough for the adhesive to stick plus we can reinforce it using double tape and also from a distance it reduces the brightness of the LEDs and only give s nice smooth blue light out.

I am not sure if you have done something like this...not in professional level set ups.but cheap and dirty ones. ( in my case..the strips cost 2-3 dollars each and the casing is 30 rupees for ten feet) - any ideas or suggestions?

The second question..more important is what is the best way to fix the plastic casing to the floor or surface without using drill - kind of semi-permanent setup. To do the testing i used double tape every 3 feet to hold it. But for longer term..I want something more substantial - as double tape wont hold well when we do Jhadoo of the floor. The two options I thought was using Mseal or a dollop of fevicol every 2-3 feet and let it try for a day - will this work?

I am just trying to do some fun projects with kids in these boring times with materials available in local kirana store

This photo shows my floor and a place half a feet above and the casing and the strip - I have an option of placing the casing in either of these spots..I would prefer the half a foot above option so that maid wont touch it during daily sweeping....

Apologize for the bad english! Tonight I will take photos of the strip in action..both inside and outside the casing

strip (1).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200408_104102 (2).jpg
    IMG_20200408_104102 (2).jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back