Lokpal Bill

avidyarthy

Well ... well ... well, Delhi is being gripped by 'this' fever. Anna is definitely showing the way.

Slowly, but surely this anti-corruption campaign is catching on and the pimps of corruption ie. the ministers, MPs, our spineless PM, the 'goat' of an FM are running around frantically to offer a solution to Mr. Hazare to end his fast-to-death announcement.

Plan to be at "Jantar Mantar" tomorrow for sure, where this campaign is been held, if an honourable solution is not handed out today. Whatever reports are coming in .... close to 20,000 people are present today.

This government NEEDS to be kicked out ....... but, who to take its place? Democracy has been sold to the 'dogs' a long time back!

i think the looming battle of the future is not between a dictatorship and democracy (many people find it fashionable to think that the 'untidiness' of an Indian democracy can be sorted out by a Singaporean type dictatorship)...but between populism and democracy....
much as i empathise with the anti-corruption movement..i would dread it if we too succumbed to the so called whims of people power and became another make or break nation hostage to the 'streets' and not the constitution...
just my two rupees (inflation is making that former metaphor redundant)..

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back