Long Weekend Getaway and Reliable Travel Agent

snorkel4u

Hi,

I am planning to head to the hills for the 3 day Rakhi/ Ind Day weekend on 13-14-15 August and the next weekend after that as well...

Any recommendations for places which are nice, calm and serene.... unlike the commercial touristy places like Shimla, Kullu Manali.

I have been told about Dulhousie, Kasauli etc...

If I am to consider these options then I need any info on a reliable Railway agent who could help me with guaranteed tatkal tickets (as these would be the only one's he could get now I guess.....everything else is waitlisted)....

Please advice.

Train tickets ... forget it now ..

Dalhousie is great, but a wee bit too long via road. Manageable, though. I had been to Kausani (U.P) ..... (not Kasauli), 3 years ago and, it was untouched by commercialization then. Had a full snow capped mountain range view from the hotel room there. In fact, all hotels there boast of it. Here too, road is about the only way .... @ 7 hours.

Other places would be Darjeeling and Gangtok ..... flight only ... Delhi -> Bagdogra ... then by road 3-4 hours drive to any one of these places.

Thanks for the quick reply. Even I am wary of traveling such a long distance by road. I would have preferred the Train till the last stop anyways, but am out of the tickets as well.. Guess I woke up too late...

I will try and consider closer options like Lansdowne and will check up on Kasauni as well... Flights r out of question for now.... running low on cash.

Thanks

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back