Looking for 5.1 speakers

Auditioned klipsch rf premier 6000
Dali opticon 6
Kef q950

Please tell me which one might be best.
I have kind of decided but want to know opinion from forum just to ensure my selection is good.. Thanks

Dali opticon 6
Kef q950

I have kind of decided but want to know opinion from forum just to ensure my selection is good.. Thanks

All those are top notch and there is no "better" option, it comes down to what you liked in terms of sound signature. So go ahead with whatever sounded good to you.

Dali opticon 6
Kef q950

Did you you audition Klipsch RP 8000F? I am loving those and Wana buy more Klipsch

Dali opticon 6
Kef q950

@ratishmohan
Trust your ears, and your ears alone. We don't know your room too.
Now coming to the brands listed above, all are respectable ones.
Each one of these choices will sound good, but will also pose challenges in terms of placement and amplification.
Since you already have your AVR, did you lug it along for audition?
If not, please do one round with your AVR.

Cheers,
Raghu

Thank you friends for your comments, suggestions and knowledge sharing.

@jr83 I agree that what sounded best to me matter the most. I audition all these speakers for more than 30 min each. And finalized with Dali Opticon 6..

I liked all klipsch 6000, 8000 and kef q950 but not as compared to Dali. They sounded so clear that I auditioned them twice.. By going back to the Den store after auditioning all others and then confirmed they are going to be the ones..

@Vivek Batra.. Klipsch were bit bright even with Marantz AVR. Basic one though. But the had their own presence. Huge sound, I loved them too. but I may not bear them continously for 2 3 hours. Plus their package cost was on little higher side. Center channel was even brighter. Which dint work in my case.

@Raghu.. I did order my AVR in UK but it couldn't reach to my nephew on time and got returned back to Amazon.de. Big story behind it.. That was denon x3500h but now I am happy it got returned. I have finalized Marantz 6013 now.

Sorry @DS123 i couldn't meet you. I wanted to hear your Monitor Audio setup but unfortunately got short on time. I started bit late from Pune. They are available in pune also for audition. But when I went to the store 2 months back i auditioned only bookshelves. Didn't think I would extend my budget this much.

So final configuration is:
Marantz 6013
Dali Opticon 6 pair
Dali Opticon Vocal center
Dali alteco C1 surround (I may cancel them.. Still in doubt) please let me know if any of us has any experience or opinion on these.
Audio quest 14 Guage for LCR
16 guage for surround.

Will be adding svs pb1000 sub in future. Within 4 to 6 months.
Once again.. Without all you people's honest opinions, I could not have done this. I will post my full day Mumbai trip execution soon. Sat. 8 am pune to mumbai and back to Pune at 2 am.

Getting my stuff on 17th, Wednesday. Casing already done, setup to be done by this weekend.

For wires I settled with AudioQuest 14 guage Slip for all speakers and Banan Plugs from Amazon Basics. As per my research they should be good enough. Any advice on them?

Wire length:
To surround speakers would be 33 feet each.
For left and right towers 8-9 feet.

Hi Ratish,

Just happened to check hifivision, and saw your msg. Not sure if you're still in Mumbai.

Hi Ratish,

Congrats!!

1. Among speakers mentioned, Dali Opticon 6 is best without a doubt. At this point, go for FS + Center. Excellent choice!
2. For surrounds, you may try Dali Fazon as well, (small footprint), or hold on a lil. Ask dealer, if he's willing to shell further discount on 5.0 v/s 3.0.
3. Maranzt SR 6013 is quite good. Good choice again.
4. Wires: For fronts go with 12 gauge, rears 14 gauge. Also, you really don't require AQ - they are expensive, without meaningful ROI
5. Sub: SB1000 is good. With Dali's performing in fronts, you wont outright miss not having a sub.

PS: You should have intimated your schedule earlier :) Didnt check hifision.com over past 4-5 days!

Hi Ratish,

Congrats!!

1. Among speakers mentioned, Dali Opticon 6 is best without a doubt. At this point, go for FS + Center. Excellent choice!
2. For surrounds, you may try Dali Fazon as well, (small footprint), or hold on a lil. Ask dealer, if he's willing to shell further discount on 5.0 v/s 3.0.
3. Maranzt SR 6013 is quite good. Good choice again.
4. Wires: For fronts go with 12 gauge, rears 14 gauge. Also, you really don't require AQ - they are expensive, without meaningful ROI
5. Sub: SB1000 is good. With Dali's performing in fronts, you wont outright miss not having a sub.

PS: You should have intimated your schedule earlier :) Didnt check hifision.com over past 4-5 days!
Thanks again. Yeah. My visit to Mumbai was tentative for last week also, and had heck of busy schedule in office. So couldn't inform you. Plus I got late to start from pune. So missed meeting you. May be next time.

I already ordered all 5.0 set. For surround dali alteco c1. Dint had audition but thought they should be fine. Saw good reviews online yesterday.. What do you say?
I can still cancel them when installation guy comes in that's what I had deal with seller.

I can ask for 12 Guage for front but Not sure why. They will be nearest to avr and as per various forums, and charts online 14 Guage is enough. Though some people say don't go below 12 Guage and use 12 or 10 Guage only.

He included AQ in the package. So it's ok.

Finally all setup done on Friday 21st June..
Dali speakers 5.0 with Marantz 6013
Audessey Calibrated, all wires very well managed..
Changed whole movie and music experience..
Amazing and very adequate bass too without subwoofer.

Images attached.

Attachments

• IMG-20190623-WA0007.jpg
    IMG-20190623-WA0007.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-20190623-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20190623-WA0005.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-20190623-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20190623-WA0006.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG-20190623-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20190623-WA0000.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG-20190623-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20190623-WA0003.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG-20190623-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20190623-WA0004.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG-20190623-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20190623-WA0001.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG-20190623-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20190623-WA0002.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 31
Congrats. Wise choice!
At one point, even I was considering Opticon 6 but could go up to Zensor 7 due to budget limitations.
Thanks..
I have been thinking to buy an HT for 2+ years.. Got it done now.
Enjoy!! All Speakers are good. At the end we should be enjoying..

Anybody using any Universal remote which works with marantz AVR also? Now stuck with 5 remote controls.
Have heard about logitech harmony series but not sure if they are really worth and can control all my devices?
Started research on that. Looking for an easy to use remote with good built.

Devices to be controlled:
Marantz 6013 AVR
Firestick 4k
LG TV 47"LM7600
LG Blu-ray player
Tata Sky+ (with recorder)

Have heard about logitech harmony series but not sure if they are really worth and can control all my devices?

I now have a Harmony Elite (with the hub) for my HT. I don't have a Marantz, but I have little doubt that it'll be able to control it fine. The Harmony's database of devices is probably the most comprehensive one there is. And, in the unlikely event that your device isn't recognized by Harmony, you can always have it learn the commands from your device's IR remote.

Buy the Harmony, simplify your control and enjoy your movies (and music!).

I now have a Harmony Elite (with the hub) for my HT. I don't have a Marantz, but I have little doubt that it'll be able to control it fine. The Harmony's database of devices is probably the most comprehensive one there is. And, in the unlikely event that your device isn't recognized by Harmony, you can always have it learn the commands from your device's IR remote.

Buy the Harmony, simplify your control and enjoy your movies (and music!).
Thanks. Have read more about these remotes. they have their cons and pros. Will consider to get one from US. don't want to spend too much on it so will go for the remote only for now. But now priority shifting to Projector. :)

Hi Friends,
Update on my setup: the speakers have opened up very well and sounding amazing. I feel they are little too warm at certain times while watching movies but zero fatigue even after watching for hours continuously. Super great performance for Music and bass levels. I planned to buy a sub before projector but now priority changed and Sub moved lower in list.. :).

Next Hunt: Projector and screen...
Please suggest a good projector for around 100" screen size. viewing distance is approx 11' and exact size of screen that can be accommodated is 4'5" to 7'5" s0 planning to get 7x4 feet screen which is ideal 16:9 size.

Read about Cheap projectors from China, Benq Series, some laser projectors like mi laser projector 150 (UST) and looking for pros and cons to select best option.
UST laser printers seem to be the best option to avoid all hassles of long HDMI cable, wiring, and avoiding a mount/location etc. Please suggest and share your experiences with projectors.

Never thought of spending more than 50-75K on projector but UST laser projectors are really tempting...
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back