Looking for a 55/65 inch TV

ank9kas

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade from my 15-year-old Samsung 1080p DLP TV.

I have a great 5.1 Denon sound system that is nearly 20 years old now so a TV with optical out is essential.
So the TV's sound quality is not a factor

My budget is around 1 lakh.

This TV would not be used for anything beyond casual Gaming so 60 Hz is good enough.

I have a perception that Samsung/Sony/LG are built to last vs the Chinese brands, so would appreciate anyone's two cents on that.

My viewing distance is about 6-10 feet so is 55 enough or do I need to push to 65?

I was thinking about the X80H but I'm hearing a lot about full array lighting so would appreciate any thoughts on that.

The TV is mainly going to be used for viewing casual stuff (youtube, sports and Netflix)

Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking to upgrade from my 15-year-old Samsung 1080p DLP TV.

I have a great 5.1 Denon sound system that is nearly 20 years old now so a TV with optical out is essential.
So the TV's sound quality is not a factor

My budget is around 1 lakh.

This TV would not be used for anything beyond casual Gaming so 60 Hz is good enough.

I have a perception that Samsung/Sony/LG are built to last vs the Chinese brands, so would appreciate anyone's two cents on that.

My viewing distance is about 6-10 feet so is 55 enough or do I need to push to 65?

I was thinking about the X80H but I'm hearing a lot about full array lighting so would appreciate any thoughts on that.

The TV is mainly going to be used for viewing casual stuff (youtube, sports and Netflix)

Thanks
Wow ! You existing TV lasted 15 years !! I faced a similar dilemma - and picked up 56 and from the very next onwards regretted for not having picked up the 65!! LOL - so go for 65.... as for the brands - all the three uses Samsung supplied panels I think ....so it’s just coming down to connectivity and software ....UHD / SUHD resolution ... surely they are all SMART TV”s

I have a 55" TV being watched from 10' distance with no eye defects and can easily view subtitles when size to small. This is good enough size for 10 feet.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back