Looking for a budget 65" 4K TV

Tcl x4 should be better on paper (800 nits, VA panel with DLED backlighting, Qled tv)but not so sure as I haven't seen the Tcl x4 in person (not many reviews online either). Sammy 7100 is a safe option. Would recommend checking out both at a store or waiting for reviews online.
check igyan video unboxing it says brightness as 400 nits.can you tell where have u seen the 800 nits.i have checked on amazon it does not mention the brightness

check igyan video unboxing it says brightness as 400 nits.can you tell where have u seen the 800 nits.i have checked on amazon it does not mention the brightness

Their own website mentions HDR 800 (assumed that 800 stood for the screen brightness) not sure about the actual screen brightness though

I always consider such maker as user of scraps or seconds screens. After all Samsung supplies them those

Their own website mentions HDR 800 (assumed that 800 stood for the screen brightness) not sure about the actual screen brightness though
I think it must be 400.As the iffalcon 75 inch costing 1.5 lac also has 350 nits brightness.That tv is very similar to X4 except quantum dots.Even the soundbar is same

I think it must be 400.As the iffalcon 75 inch costing 1.5 lac also has 350 nits brightness.That tv is very similar to X4 except quantum dots.Even the soundbar is same

Iffalkon 75 inch TV is the 75C2MUS (Its 65 inch version is 70-75k in the market). This tv is edge lit and lower brightness.

Tcl x4 is FALD and is a QLED tv in comparison to the iffalkon series. X4 is their premium range while rebranded iffalkon tvs are their mid range

Iffalkon 75 inch TV is the 75C2MUS (Its 65 inch version is 70-75k in the market). This tv is edge lit and lower brightness.

Tcl x4 is FALD and is a QLED tv in comparison to the iffalkon series. X4 is their premium range while rebranded iffalkon tvs are their mid range
Who told you that X4 is FALD...!!!!
Its also edge-lit....!!

https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/tcl-55x4us-4k-television-review-496834

This mentions that x4 has 800 nits brightness. I wouldn't trust igyaan much as their reporting is generally horrible.

X4 is the only tv in the Tcl India portfolio with local dimming, others have micro dimming.

Micro dimming is software enabled and is usually in edge lit tv's. Local dimming is mostly for DLED TV's and is hardware enabled.

I've attached tcl x6's video by HDTVTest (one of the best reviewers in the industry). It's got hdr 1200 (1200 nits brightness) and 288 dimming zones. X4 is a lower version with only HDR 800 and lesser zones.

@maddy555 do your research better next time :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181106-145728.jpg
    Screenshot_20181106-145728.jpg
    539.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20181106-150016.jpg
    Screenshot_20181106-150016.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 17
https://www.avhub.com.au/product-reviews/sound-image/tcl-55x4us-4k-television-review-496834

This mentions that x4 has 800 nits brightness. I wouldn't trust igyaan much as their reporting is generally horrible.

X4 is the only tv in the Tcl India portfolio with local dimming, others have micro dimming.

Micro dimming is software enabled and is usually in edge lit tv's. Local dimming is mostly for DLED TV's and is hardware enabled.

I've attached tcl x6's video by HDTVTest (one of the best reviewers in the industry). It's got hdr 1200 (1200 nits brightness) and 288 dimming zones. X4 is a lower version with only HDR 800 and lesser zones.

The fault lies with amazon and tcl.It should clearly mention the brightness on the product page.You expect us to purchase tv online without taking a demo.The least amazon could do is mention all the specifications correctly specially when the product costs more than 1lac.Its a waste of time to google various websites and forums just to get the correct specifications.It is the responsibility of the manufacturer and seller.

Also Tcl mentions HDR Pro what the hell it suppose to mean.There are only 4 standards HDR 10,10+,HLG and Dolby Vision.

The fault lies with amazon and tcl.It should clearly mention the brightness on the product page.You expect us to purchase tv online without taking a demo.The least amazon could do is mention all the specifications correctly specially when the product costs more than 1lac.Its a waste of time to google various websites and forums just to get the correct specifications.It is the responsibility of the manufacturer and seller.

Also Tcl mentions HDR Pro what the hell it suppose to mean.There are only 4 standards HDR 10,10+,HLG and Dolby Vision.

True that, only Flipkart mentions most specifications (DLED or ELED), and almost no tv manufacturer mentions the brightness or backlighting of their tv on their website or other portals.

Its a waste of time to google various websites and forums just to get the correct specifications. It is the responsibility of the manufacturer and seller.

Lack of such professional standards is a world-wide problem with multiple brands in any product category. We have to live within that limitation. And so we have to be extra careful to not buy anything on blind faith.

If they don't clearly mention something or highlight it as a "feature" in clear words, then assume that it does NOT have that feature.

Recently I saw a lower model of TCL 55 inch around Rs.50k and compared it with VU, Samsung, LG, Panasonic and Sony near that range. TCL appeared very dull and colourless and it was the worst of the lot, even worse than Vu.

They may improve, and their higher models may be better, but I would not recommend buying any TCL/Iffalkon product blindly in an online purchase without taking a physical demo and doing a comparison with other brands with your own eyes.

Panasonic's lower model was also very bad in colour reproduction (eg: skin tones were very dark), but a higher one was better, though not perfect. Sony and Samsung, with their VA panels (vs IPS), were the best among the lot.

None of them had a semi-glossy finish or fully glossy screens like high-end OLED and QLED models. They were all matte and so they all looked less lively in comparison. I am hoping this will change as more people complain about it.

For such a high-budget and long lasting purchase, it may be safer for both quality and reliability to go for a smaller size within your budget but stay with the bigger brands... and even with them having a demo first as different models have a different output. Do the demo with real movie clips of 1080p and not their preset 4k demo.

Look at the actual picture first (including motion smoothness), and then look at the specs on paper before making a final choice. If you enjoy watching TV and consider it as important, then you need to give to give some extra effort in your selection.

(do hit the like button if this helps)

I don't see any difference in the tech specs between the 2 for the panel or dimensions. To me, it seems like the same tv but with newer Android version and updated firmware.

It's a decent tv for the price but don't expect to be blown away by the quality.

VU's 2017 series (non android TV's, had DLED backlighting and VA panels) were the best in terms of PQ in the budget range (not available in most stores now) but their 2018 models are pretty bad. Go ahead with TCL P-series or iffalcon 65 inch if you don't want to extend your budget.

If you can extend your budget, the samsung 7100/7470 and tcl X4 are better options for a slightly higher price.

Recently I saw a lower model of TCL 55 inch around Rs.50k and compared it with VU, Samsung, LG, Panasonic and Sony near that range. TCL appeared very dull and colourless and it was the worst of the lot, even worse than Vu.

They may improve, and their higher models may be better, but I would not recommend buying any TCL/Iffalkon product blindly in an online purchase without taking a physical demo and doing a comparison with other brands with your own eyes.

Panasonic's lower model was also very bad in colour reproduction (eg: skin tones were very dark), but a higher one was better, though not perfect. Sony and Samsung, with their VA panels (vs IPS), were the best among the

(do hit the like button if this helps)
I also have the same opinion, I checked tcl 55p6us with lg6360 and Samsung and I felt tcl PQ was dull. But tcl c2 series was better compared to p6 for the price. I could not compare with any Panasonic model.
I took uhd + her sample videos from Samsung , lg and life of pi trailer to compare PQ.

However in 43," 6360 was available at good price online. Currently I am using this as a monitor.
In bigger sizes many shops has both Sammy 7100 an d lg 6360 with 5-15k diff. But lg has buit in prime video.
TCL p2, stocks not available , have to place an order and still waiting.

Last edited:
IMG_20181111_084626_HHT.jpg
Got TV delivered yesterday and everyone liked it, thanks for all who helped to make this purchase.
regarding built-in sound bar, the sound quality is very good, but bass is not much compared to my existing cheap 2.1.

I was able to install prime on this, but it crashes after sometime, any one has success with this?
how to check the resolution of videos played in you-tube. is there a way to change the interface resolution to 4k?

Last edited:
View attachment 31610
Got TV delivered yesterday and everyone liked it, thanks for all who helped to make this purchase.
regarding built-in sound bar, the sound quality is very good, but bass is not much compared to my existing cheap 2.1.

I was able to install prime on this, but it crashes after sometime, any one has success with this?
how to check the resolution of videos played in you-tube. is there a way to change the interface resolution to 4k?
Which model is this? Size?

Dont need to research about that.... already know about the marketing gimmicks like HDR800 or 1200 but it is nowhere mentioned that the TV is DLED and implementing FALD in an ELED TV has only been done by SONY in its X9300E tv's which is not that great compared to other DLED FALD....

As far as that video goes, vincent has not reviewed the TV yet and only going by what the company say about their TVs. How well the TV performs in real life is a different thing..... for example, panasonic says that the fx700 model have local dimming but in a review I read online it was mentioned that the TV has only two vertical zones , left half and right half....

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back