Looking for a Budget Turntable.

Last edited:
The question is "how good is it?" I don's see many reviews on the net about this model and though it is also sold in Kolkata for Rs.10200 I am a bit hesitant to buy one though I am looking for a new TT. Have any of us have any experience regarding its performance?:confused:

I havent auditioned the TT so I cant say how good (or bad:) ) it is. However, by looking at the features of the TT, it seems that its a good one within its price bracket. Denon DP 29F is priced at 11k however it lacks the following Sherwood's features:
-- Anti-Skating with Counter Weight
-- Adjustable Skating Force Compensation
-- Pitch Control ±10%
-- S-Shaped Tone Arm with Standard Detachable Head Shell
On the other hand, Sherwood is not a fully automatic TT as opposed to the Denon.
I wonder if anyone can visit their showroom to share the TT's performance...

you can get Sherwood and Denon TT in delhi...
Sherwoods, as I have mentioned previously, are available at:
Sunit Mathur
Mg Director
Decibels India Pvt Ltd
B 28 Zamrudpur
Greater Kailash I
New Delhi 110048
INDIA
Tel: +91-11-41631853 to 56
Fax: +91-11-41631857
Cel: +91-9871799531
Mail: [email protected]

And for Denon, search for any ProFx showroom. I think its mentioned somewhere in this thread.
<EDIT>
Googled and found this link..
http://www.profx.com/authorized_dealers.asp
</EDIT>

If you are looking for a pre-owned one, then I am not shure from where to get them in Delhi.. I can only extend my help if you want to procure a pre-owned TT from bangalore -- I wont charge anything for that :)

Last edited:
Thanks man.now i m confused with DP 29 or DP300.is there any turnable with Cassette player.i have seen that in chennai 15 yrs back.

the combination of TT and cassette player dont come nowadays (atleast to my knowledge).. Though I do seen secondhand ones here and there. A friend of mine also got Philips TT+Cassette player.

Redlag,

Reading all about turntable since joined this forum I also bought a turntable on ebay it is - Audio technica automatic turntable with pre amp at PL 50 for 7k last week. The seller claims it is new.

What do you think about this.

Thanks

...I also bought a turntable on ebay it is - Audio technica automatic turntable with pre amp at PL 50 for 7k last week. The seller claims it is new.
Thanks

I congratulate you on your purchase. I always feel good when someone buys a TT or LPs...makes me feel that I am not the only one out here.. :)
Though I am a die-hard fan of vintage TTs, I think you got a pretty much good deal for 7K!! A good value for money..
In different forums, I have seen posts advising others to keep off from $100 TTs. But I seriously believe that if you are satisfied with what you have then nothings like it. I still have a small Philips TT that i purchased for Rs 500 from a junk dealer.. and I love its sound.

The advantage of buying a new one is that you can be sure that it will run smoothly without any hiccups, and stylus and spares (belt etc) will be easily available. Plus the new ones are RIAA equalised...
If you are a "serious listener" of western classic then you might experience some notes slightly astray for wow and flutter of the TT is 0.25% WRMS. But then you have to be a serious listener.. for guys like me it doesnt makes a difference :)

Last edited:
Thank you redlag,

I listen to lot of music even western classical. Though this is my first time in turntable. I went for this because of the music. I wanted to hear that real sound which everybody is advising.

Thanks

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back