Looking for a cdp for around Rs 15000

vashok

Hi
Have a onkyo sr 505 with elac fs 58. Any suggestions for a good cd player for around Rs 15000. I also plan to audition pinoeer dv 600av if possible as I read some good reviews of it, inspite of being a dvd player.

Thanks and regards
Ashok

Hi,
Best options Marantz CD 5001 for 15K and 5001 OSE at 16.5K both grey mkt rates. If in mumbai at sound out, heera panna,tardeo.Else try the new budget Nad at about the budget u mention. The pioneer DVD will be good for movies not really for music or another option if u must have a dvd which serves as ur cdp too buy marantz DV 4001 for 10K from the same place.
Regards

Thanks Dinyaar for the response. For Marantz, I have read about issues faced with reliability. I have read great reviews about it, but just that I am not certain if the servicing will be good if I run into trouble.

thanks,
Ashok

Hi,
I have heard of no QC issues with marantz. Am sure they do blow but no more or less than any of the other brands in the range. In fact since the brand is on a resurgence its a great bang for the buck. Obviously if u buy from the grey mkt (40% of dealer list price in case of marantz) u do not get warranty. Look at it this way ashok even if u have to spend a bit if it misbehaves u will still be saving money!!!!!!! The warranty for these products is anyway just 1 year.
Finally its ur call but i would take my chances and buy from the grey mkt as long i am sure i am not getting used/refurbished stuff.
Regards

Hi Ashok

The Marantz CD 5001 is a very good buy for the money , and i am using it for the past 1 year in my office and had no issues , now that the prices have come down (15K with bill and warranty ) its really the best option.

regards

Thanks ! that was a quick reply. As usual the pricing at avi as usual remains unreasonable. But how much do they sell the DV-981 for? Is the best sounding of the lot??

No idea what they sell it for.. Check with them. You will be pleasantly surprised at the sound quality for the price you are paying.

I've had the OPPO DV 981 HD for9 months now and am very happy with it.
I use it 99% as a stereo source and can confidently vouch for what has been stated viz that it'll match CD players costing much more-you only have to go their site and follow the links to rave reviews in prestigious magazinnes.
I got it for Rs 9400 (USD 229)since my brother brot it in for me.
AV sell it for around Rs 24000 +, which is the mother of rip offs.
Yes, its better than Marantz 6001.
And, its abut the best player of DVD's at that price point-you have to see what it does to DVD's when hooked up to a LCD/Plasma TV to believe!
Go for it-get someone coming back from abroad to bring in a piece for you; better still, get two & sell one off at a profit!

Hi
Have a onkyo sr 505 with elac fs 58. Any suggestions for a good cd player for around Rs 15000. I also plan to audition pinoeer dv 600av if possible as I read some good reviews of it, inspite of being a dvd player.

Thanks and regards
Ashok

Dear Ashok,

Marantz products are as such very reliable.
The Cd 5001 is a cracking player at that price, do consider.
Other options - Nad and Cambridge Audio. Hear these and decide accordingly.
All the best.

Regards
SNV

Hi Ashok

Even though Oppa Digital is a very good DVD player , a dedicated CD will make a lot of difference . as SNV said Marantz CD 5001 is a beautiful player for the money and i am sure that it will be much better then a DVD player costing twice or thrice more. Give it a try

regards

I am pretty sure that the Oppo will beat the Marantz 5001 in audio reproduction.

Although I don't own the Oppo (hardly watch movies), I have done an A/B with the Oppo and a Theta Compli (both connected to a Theta Cassanova) and the Oppo sounded better IMO.

If nothing else works out, the Cambridge Audio DVD-89 is a fairly competent player at Rs. 12,000. It is a universal player that supports DVD, CD, SACD, DVD-A, DIVX, etc. If you don't care for high-def audio (SACD, DVD-A) then its older brother the 540D V2 (15k) produces fairly good CD sound as well. Both are a good compromise, as any non-dedicated CD player will be.

Dear Ashok,

The Modded cd67 version sounds excellent for the price.
Give this cd player a serious consideration.

Regards
SNV

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back