Looking for a counterweight for my Technics SL D33

P-36

Hey guys....i recently bought a SL D33 for a dirt cheap price as it was missing the counterweight on the tonearm.....ive changed the cart and im all set to go...just need to know if anyone can help me find a counterweight for it !!! any help would be appreciated....thanks........:cool:

thanks for the links guys...ill check it out....hemant i tried the counterweight from my other TTs but they didnt fit.... coz even if i get a replacement ill be happy as long as it does the job........

Counterweight is not a very tricky part. Loan yourself a counterweight from someone, go to a local machine shop (one where they have Lathe machines) . Those guys can make it for you in no time (including the inner threads). If there is slight different in weight, you can adjust it by adjusting your counterweight on the tonearm accordingly.

I think there is a gentleman on commercial street Bangalore. Sorry don't remember his name. He makes custom parts (Speaker Stands and stuff). I have never met him but , but forum members speak very highly of him.

Counterweight is not a very tricky part. Loan yourself a counterweight from someone, go to a local machine shop (one where they have Lathe machines) . Those guys can make it for you in no time (including the inner threads). If there is slight different in weight, you can adjust it by adjusting your counterweight on the tonearm accordingly.

I think there is a gentleman on commercial street Bangalore. Sorry don't remember his name. He makes custom parts (Speaker Stands and stuff). I have never met him but , but forum members speak very highly of him.

It is Mr.Murthy of Nava Bharath Hardwares, 95 Commercial Street. A very versatile man who can help you solve many tricky problems with his experience in audio field. Mob 9972268301 Do let me know the diameter of the part where the counter weight is to be fitted. I have collected a few counter weights

wow thanks guys.....jimmy i will def visit some of the lathe shops here and see if they can replicate one for me....a couple of friends also suggested that...thanks man.....and Mr. Kuruvila thanks to u as well...i will ask my sis to check on Mr.Murthy next time shes in blore....i will let u know the diameter of it but how do i get it from even if u have a spare?? :) ur most kind to make the offer tho....first shot will be visiting the lathe shops this wknd..........thanks again guys.....:cool:

Back