Looking for a Good Music System Pref with USB and CD player

sunilgct

Hi ,

My Name is Sunil. I have been a reader on this forum for quite some time. This is My First Post i think .Read so many posts about the amp , receiver and speakers and all that . I am looking for a good all round music system for My bedroom which is 14*12 . It should play from CD as well as USB.Budget around 20K flexible if i get a good one and most importantly shoudl be portable should be a easily shiftable from one room to another and clutter free with not so many wires.

PS: I would like to gift this to my wife so can strech my budget :).

Regards
Sunil

no offence meant ..but have you seen TOTAL ABSENCE OF LADIES ON THIS FORUM??

So when it is wife try sony ..now think that if you stretch your budget and give you wife Nad ..she will still thinks sony is better;)
And what about norge? she will always see as chaep system...ha ha..

So how about this
CMT-EH25 : Micro Hi-Fi System : Hi-Fi System : Sony India

It is sony and plays music from USB!

Now out of 20 K budget 16 K is SAVED!.you should pay me commission!

1n those 16 K you can buy
1) Favorite CD's
2) Fine Dining
3) Favorite Booze

Hemant

Thanks for your reply

yeah u r right my wife is more keen towards sony and bose (as these are the only two brands she knew - :) ) Bose price blew me away and witout much feartures except it looks cool .

Well I did a bit of reaserach and thought would this fit the bill

Onkyo CR-325 and i think yamaha also has one mini system dont remeber the model .These dont have a USB but i have a iphone so can buy a seperate ipod dock and connect to this mini .

Any thgts ? suggestions ? ideas?

Kind of music - would be mostly soft romantic numbers/instrumenatal/Meditation types/carnatic etc..

I am not sure if this forum would even oblige my request of comparing sony with onkyo or yamaha :) but would really apprecaite if someone can throw some comparision between sony CMT-EH25 and Onkyo CR-325 and is it worth the additional amount

CMT-EH25 is retailing aorund 5600 Rs in Bangalore where as CR-325 around 18K in Onkyoshowroom in sigma mall . If anybosy is interested to buy CR-325 we can negotiate as one of my friend is also willing to buy the same.

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Sun

I think the Onkyo mini system is CS-325 ( CR-325+ Onkyo speakers). Previous model was CS-315.
CR-325 is the CD Receiver. Is this 18K for CR-325 or CS-325?
Also note that the DAC in both of these models are single bit.

CS-525 is a higher model with 192KHz/24 bit wolfson DAC. Not sure the price though.

Thanks,
Sunil

Hi Sun,

Onkyo CR-325 is a reasonable option.
You could also check out the Denon RCD-M38.

If you are not too particular about the CD player (you can put the contents on a USB drive), a Squeezebox Touch with powered speakers would be the way to go. It might have a good wife acceptance once she gets used to the touch screen.
You can also consider the Audioengine A2 or Audioengine A5 depending on your budget.
These products are not available locally, so you need to depend on the online sellers, such as ebay US or Amazon+Borderlinx. The other option is to hunt for them in the grey market.

Thanks,
Sharad

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back