Looking for a R2R and TT

SoundsGood

I have access to quite a few reel tapes and records but unfortunately I dont have a R2R player or TT to check them all out. (the ones my dad had from years ago are broken and unusable).
What is the best way to obtain a R2R and a TT in good working order ? Also what should I expect to spend ? Would Rs.10k total get me both ? It doesn't have to be audiophile grade because the quality of those tapes and records after all these years would probably not be audiophile anyway but it should be atleast something that can be used without much hassle and give me the pleasure of reliving what is on those tapes and records.
Closest big metro for me would be Mumbai or Ahmedabad.
Any advise highly appreciated.
Thanks!

If I remember correctly TT was a Garrard Model 50 Mkii changer.

Tanoj, where are you located ? I would like to avoid shipping as far as possible.

p.s: why dont I see an option for setting my signature in my user cp ?

Thanks for your responses guys. Looks like my PM is not enabled yet! probably a forum security thing for new members. Maybe it will open up after a few posts.

Anyway, I know I posted in the "vintage" forum but arn't there any current production TTs available in India ? I remember a few years ago there used to be something from Philips and Sony. Arn't those no longer available ?

And I suppose R2Rs would be even harder to find ?

SoundsGood,

Where in Gujarat are you located? I know a couple of places in Ahmedabad from where you can get vintage TTs, but they may not be in perfect shape and will require some effort to start singing!

Best,
APK

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back