Looking for a Turntable

rajeev_pr70

Dear All,

I am looking for a decent turntable in a low budget. Please ping me in case if any one come across one.

Many thanks!
Rajeev

Hello Rajeev, are you new to the world of turntables? Interested in why specifically you are looking or a low budget one (not because of the actual money value, but from the usage perspective).

Hello Sir, thanks for your reply.

Currently am using Teac P70 with Shure M44E cartridge. The tonearm doesn't sit properly at times and also there's lot of humming noise.

I guess there's some issue, hence am looking to change to another one.... looking for a heavy one in a low budget. Because I rarely use them.... I have no much collections.... it's been just four months i started using turntable. I picked up this through olx.

Hope I would get some tips and help from you. Thanks again for connecting with me.

Regards,
Rajeev

Hello Rajeev, Teac P70 seems to be a moderate TT and on a low budget you are likely to drop down the value chain. You may just have to get your TT services. When you say, the tonearm does not sit properly, I assume you are talking about a stiff tonearm lift bench or perhaps tracking issues. Humming noises are more of wiring issues. Why not just get someone to take a look at it? Alternately if you post a video or some pics, we can suggest some DIY remedies if the issues are simple ones.

Many thanks for your response. I have given the TT for service. Let’s see if he can get it right.
Besides could you please share couple of good options to pick up one good TT. That would be a great help.

thanks again

i purchased an ion audio TT from amazon for 4000 rs and it works well. I use a pioneer receiver for amplification. Amazon doesnt sell ion audio anymore but there are other tts priced at 5k which imo are good for casual use as long as you use an external amp because the built in speakers on these tts are very bad. You need to ensure you buy a tt with phono pre amp built in

Check the Classifieds Section here. TTs keep coming up for sale. HiFiMart was having a special deal on a Belt Drive TT last week IIRC.

i have an rega rp1 with performancde pack upgrades for sale with rega cart .will soon be posting in for sale classifides section

I have Denon DP 300F. It has the beauty of both convenience and upgrades. There is autostart and auto stop mechanism: the tone arm goes to start position on push of a button for both 12"and 7"record, and returns, on end of one side. The cartridge can be changed as per your taste, and also there is tracking force and anti skid adjustment. It has both phono and line-in output, and the sound quality is very good even through the stock cartridge. When listening to new and well pressed records, they sound better than CDs. In retail market, it costs around Rs. 36,000/- but if you buy directly from India distributor profx.com, you can get around 20% discount.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back