Looking for Active Sub 100W for yamaha yht 1840

The original passive Sub and SW100 have the same driver, if I remember correctly. That said, you can easily take your Passive Sub to the SW100 level just by adding an external Sub amplifier rather than buying the whole unit.
To be precise NS SW100 is a 10 inch sub, whereas stock sub with 1840 is just 6.25 inch sub.

Hey Bro, can you share me the link from where I can make a purchase. I will go for FOSI but it seems only ubuy is providing it at fare price with shipping charges. If you know other sites apart from Amazon pls let me know as amazon is humungous pricing.
The mark-up is high in Amazon, but it's painless, Ubuy might cost a bit less, but Custom clearance is an additional headache if a thing goes sideways. If you are okay with DIY, there are a lot of Sub Amp circuits available at very affordable prices.

The mark-up is high in Amazon, but it's painless, Ubuy might cost a bit less, but Custom clearance is an additional headache if a thing goes sideways. If you are okay with DIY, there are a lot of Sub Amp circuits available at very affordable prices.
Let me check DIY

Please suggest external sub amplifier from where I can get from as I am new to the community so don't have much idea. I have tested the active sub which came with yht 2910. Both the subs are same of 2910 and 1840. The difference is I have a passive sub which cranks up if volume increased and this is with all the stock subs coming with 1840. Please suggest the external amp to me. Thanks

I will be required some inputs for DIY, as to which RCA jacks needs to be purchased.

Check this link.

It seems powerfull amp.

Need additional care if you are planning with existing passive sub.

Will my existing passive sub perfom decent after adding external amplifier. My only concern is it should not crank up on high volumes. Else the bass is smooth and clear but it doesn't have good punch.
Well, that depends on the amplifier board you will use. A good board should deliver clean Bass. At the same time, it's just a 61/2" driver; thus, it will have its limitations. Please make sure the board you opt, should have a Speaker Protection Unit built-in (or purchase it separately); else, you will have a cranking sound during the On/OFF from the Sub.

Well, that depends on the amplifier board you will use. A good board should deliver clean Bass. At the same time, it's just a 61/2" driver; thus, it will have its limitations. Please make sure the board you opt, should have a Speaker Protection Unit built-in (or purchase it separately); else, you will have a cranking sound during the On/OFF from the Sub.
I recently spoke to 4D furnishers who manufactures. The guy is really genuine and suggested that external amp won't help much for yamaha 6.2 passive sub, rather go with active sub which really suits requirement

I recently spoke to 4D furnishers who manufactures. The guy is really genuine and suggested that external amp won't help much for yamaha 6.2 passive sub, rather go with active sub which really suits requirement
True it Is! As I already stated, a 6.2" driver will have its limitations. A dedicated Active Sub is the way to go; bigger is always better. :)

Back