Looking for an audio system for up to 50k budget

metalhead44

Hello community members,

I have been reading the forums for a couple of days but still not clear what I should go with. Believe me I never knew that there is so much depth to buying really good audio systems.

Looking to buy an audio system which satisfies me with pure high quality sound. I like rap, rock, Bollywood and also jazz.inshort, whatever I listen I want the good quality.

My requirements are as follows
1) Bluetooth
2) pen drive
3) may be 5.1 support
4) wireless if possible
5) HDMI support

I am.not very much keen on movies but need my audio to be top quality.

I heard about so many poducts like Norge, marantz etc . I am a newbie to this field so getting the tech details is not very easy for me.

Personally after just reading the reviews I felt like going with norge amp and speakers( tower)

I would keep the system in 19× 11 sqft hall. The system will be sighlty towards the right from the center maybe 4 ft max.

Your suggestions please.

One thing i can suggest is start auditioning systems in Pune itself. Speakers amplifiers have their own unique signatures, which makes or breaks the deal. Hence auditioning can give you an idea of what speakers sound like in any given budget. Look for brands like Klipsch, JBL if rap, rock is a priority as they deliver decent bass compared to others. The usual names popping up are q-acoustics, Wharfedale, Dali,Monitor audio. Norge amplifiers are a fantastic VFM and also made in India with a great track record. Yamaha R-S202 is another one to look at with Bluetooth included. Denon, Marantz are also good but not sure you can get these with built-in USB playback or Bluetooth in your budget. You may also want to decide before hand if you want stereo or 5.1 surround, else it adds to the confusion. Stick with stereo amplifier and a pair of bookshelf speakers if you want only music playback.
Surround will get you an average system compared to stereo only for the obvious reason of fewer frills like extra speakers, HDMI, and latest Dolby/DTS codecs. Also musically you may want to add a subwoofer to get that thump for rap music.
Again, Do audition a few systems before you make any moves. Please do not hurry. It takes time to evaluate a good system. Too many have bought it with initial impressions at a dealer and regretted later. Also the system you buy will only show you the potential it has when you are listening at the dealers. They WILL sound a bit different when you play it in your room. Hope this helps.
Optionally you can look at used gear in the For Sale section to get better gear.

Too many have bought it with initial impressions at a dealer and regretted later. Also the system you buy will only show you the potential it has when you are listening at the dealers. They WILL sound a bit different when you play it in your room.
Home trail is not available in india to do our own audition at home.
What could be solution to overcome this issue , Because after spending huge money on the first system by reading reviews/few minutes audition at dealers well treated rooms. Finally we end up with dissatisfaction.
I have another suggestion, we can trust our forum members most recommended pairs of speakers+Amps. For instance Norge+WD or Marantz+WD
Marantz+Dali..and so on..

@kvandhi I may have been not very clear in my earlier post. The idea of auditioning systems at the dealers is to get a feel for the sound signature with your kind of music that you eventually may prefer. The reason i mentioned it will sound different is because of the room acoustics. So the idea is to get to place speakers where they perform the best in that particular room. If there is too much bass or too less bass, in comparison to a given audition
it can be fixed with some simple room treatment to very expensive sound treatments.
I suggest the pursuit of good performance does not end by simply buying the best gear one can afford but also to pay attention to the room it is being played in. Glass paneled furniture or bare walls can be a nightmare for the best sound for any speaker system. A good dealer will have his room acoustics treatment done to fix these early reflection points, where else at home people are reluctant to make changes to the room they are listening in. In conclusion, even if you DID get a system for home audition, Nothing will get the best out of the system until you fix the problems inherent within the room. Hope that helps.

At this price, if audio quality is the priority, go with a stereo amp + speakers + hi quality stands + some arrangements of furniture diplomatically in your room..

Stands play a very good role for getting the right performance from bookshelf. I would suggest to spend 40k on electronics and 10k on sound foundations stands.. It will be useful even at the time of a future upgrade if you like this. Norge + wharfedale would be a good choice here.

If you don't have a quality source, a DAC from hifimediy.com would be a great start.

Last edited:
1) Bluetooth
2) pen drive
3) may be 5.1 support
4) wireless if possible
5) HDMI support

If you have more source devices with HDMI, then an AVR is better for stereo and even casual movie watching.. They have bluetooth & network capability, making it playing from mobile easier.. On top of that, you get sub-out.. Incase you wish to add a sub later, integrating is easier..

Hello community members,

I have been reading the forums for a couple of days but still not clear what I should go with. Believe me I never knew that there is so much depth to buying really good audio systems.

Looking to buy an audio system which satisfies me with pure high quality sound. I like rap, rock, Bollywood and also jazz.inshort, whatever I listen I want the good quality.

1) Bluetooth
2) pen drive
3) may be 5.1 support
4) wireless if possible
5) HDMI support

I am.not very much keen on movies but need my audio to be top quality.

I heard about so many poducts like Norge, marantz etc . I am a newbie to this field so getting the tech details is not very easy for me.

Personally after just reading the reviews I felt like going with norge amp and speakers( tower)

I would keep the system in 19× 11 sqft hall. The system will be sighlty towards the right from the center maybe 4 ft max.

Your suggestions please.

Firstly...Welcome to HFV....

Yes there is a lot that goes into selecting the best system which caters to ones interest, connectivity requirements and effective playback of sources...

As advised by others, it is very important that you go Window shopping and audition the available systems with the dealers around Pune...if you can come to Mumbai, many dealers and places you can visit and get an idea of the various systems...

Hifimart has this combo which is available...

https://www.hifimart.com/denon-x540bt-wharfedale-dx-1se-5-1-speaker-package.html

Likewise HT Store....being their 8th Anniversary has some offers...

https://htstore.in/index.php?route=product/category&path=165&sort=p.price&order=ASC

Profx deals with Yamaha and Polk speakers.....usually they rope in 10% discount (if demanded)......

Bottomline...take some time....audition with your kind of music and movies clip and decide what will suit your requirements in terms of budget or looks or connectivity etc,

For starters, you can get an AVR and the Front speakers (Bookshelf or Tower) and when budget permits, add the sub and the remaining speakers....

Another route some take is going for preowned systems which may be available over FOR SALE BY OWNER section or other platforms like OLX or QUIKR. Review, Check, audition and purchase.

All the best!

Thank you so much guys for your valuable feedback. Been really busy week and didn't even checked the response. I do have an ear for music but I probably won't be able to devout much time in Mumbai . Pune any place if you guys know , works best for me.
I see some suggestions and will definitely try to hear it out if possible.I will take my time before buying as it is getting interesting and buying system is sounding like a puzzle for me.Reason ?

Since I am an engineer by profession I would like to leech up to all the tech specs and get some knowledge. Is there a good guide to understanding audio systems? Like starting with basics and then advanced.Would like to know the why a stereo is good for audio but not avr, what is the relationship between watts , power and actual audio quality? What combination of power is required from input to output etc.tweeter, subwoofer , tower speakers etc . What are channels etc.

I think I am prepared for some education :)

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back