Looking for Bluetooth Portable Speaker mainly for music

medianandha

Hi all,

Looking for a speaker which should be portable and should have a BT and other connectivity features.

Mostly it ll be used for music in the Kitchen / Workroom / Bedroom where it has to produce a soothing mild quality sound when we are working.

Also in very rare scenarios, it can be used in the big hall or open space.

As portable is also a main priority, dual speaker setup is not preferred.

So would like to know the experts' suggestions. Thank you.

What's the budget. A simple search on Amazon will give you a list of the usual suspects from Sony, Boat, Noise, Marshal, Bose, etc.

I personally have a tiny sony and a slightly bigger boat speaker. Both do their respective jobs really well.

MaSh

What's the budget. A simple search on Amazon will give you a list of the usual suspects from Sony, Boat, Noise, Marshal, Bose, etc.

I personally have a tiny sony and a slightly bigger boat speaker. Both do their respective jobs really well.

MaSh
Thanks for the reply. Budget is max 20k. Quality of the sou d and portability is the priority.

Search results gave me various options which made me confused.

Zook Rocker Boombox / Thunder us
Modernista
Boat stone 1400

JBL FLIP / Charge

Even looked Marshall but that looks very costly.

This site might help :

My personal view - no point spending too much on a portable bluetooth speakers. The JBL Flip 5 is absolutely fine at Rs 8.5K.
Sounds really good.

If you want something more bulky, with room filling sound (ie instead of a proper stereo setup), then the larger marshals.

JBL has multiple models. Below 10K is a good VFM point.
And of course there is Bose at 11K which is pretty good. The only Bose product I can recommend

I have been using my boat 24xx or something like that while I run on the treadmill... It was around 2.5k.. Really happy with it... I need the boom mainly for this speaker and it gives me that along with quite good battery life...

Also we have put nest mini in the kitchen not home mini and it has a really good sound too and it can be had for around 2k with offers with Google assistant to boot

I have the Anker Soundcore Motion Plus - it sounds great once you equalize the settings (see Alan Ross videos-YouTube for EQ details)
The Anker punches way above its price point and is comparable to offerings from Sony and JBL in the 10-15K price bracket in my opinion.
Am happy with the sound quality - crystal clear and balanced (with equalization) - not a bass heavy speaker but the bass is sufficient and taut.

Last edited:
Like many already advised - JBL is perhaps your best bet - I own 3 - flip, charge & extreme. They all work perfectly fine with no issues whatsoever. The charge is actually quite old and still "no issues".

Apart from these we had a Bose revolve and a soundlink - they worked fine too.

All of these should be well within your budget.

Of all the above - soundlink is the most convenient, charge is the best VFM with the best battery life and revolve is most versatile.

I have the Anker Soundcore Motion Plus - it sounds great once you equalize the settings (see Alan Ross videos-YouTube for EQ details)
The Anker punches way above its price point and is comparable to offerings from Sony and JBL in the 10-15K price bracket in my opinion.
Am happy with the sound quality - crystal clear and balanced (with equalization) - not a bass heavy speaker but the bass is sufficient and taut.
If possible, try getting two of them and play the content on stereo. Sounds too good. Got a deal on Flipkart recently. 2x motion plus for 9k

If possible, try getting two of them and play the content on stereo. Sounds too good. Got a deal on Flipkart recently. 2x motion plus for 9k
Thanks Ravi - Rs9K is a fab deal for 2 of them! Am saving up for some bookshelf speakers but will keep an eye on the Soundcore prices :). Got mine for Rs6k during a sale back in August 2021. Cheers!

Been in the same boat. If you don't need a battery and don't mind the size "Marshall Acton" is a great speaker. Amazon sells the non-wifi model for 18k and so does Croma now and then. I shift it between my bedroom and workstation. It's connected to Echo via BT and songs get played via voice command. These days it's become my primary system (never thought would say this) instead of NAD-DacMagic-MA combo. Once you finish the burn-in, the music is beautiful and balanced and a nice tight bass (of course for the price)

A real VFM speaker is Soundcore Motion Plus is fantastic but after Acton I hardly use them. Now a day we use it when go out for vacation or picnic.

Been in the same boat. If you don't need a battery and don't mind the size "Marshall Acton" is a great speaker. Amazon sells the non-wifi model for 18k and so does Croma now and then. I shift it between my bedroom and workstation. It's connected to Echo via BT and songs get played via voice command. These days it's become my primary system (never thought would say this) instead of NAD-DacMagic-MA combo. Once you finish the burn-in, the music is beautiful and balanced and a nice tight bass (of course for the price)

A real VFM speaker is Soundcore Motion Plus is fantastic but after Acton I hardly use them. Now a day we use it when go out for vacation or picnic.
True. Just auditioned Emberton speaker. That itself sounds awesome. Your words itching me to go for it.

I too have the anker soundcore motion+ , got it for 5.5k last year . Possibly the best ROI on any audio equipment I'v ever made - use it for laptop movies , spotify with phone .

For comparison I also have B&W Zeppelin ( which I brought back from the US when returning.) The Zeppelin is permanently covered in fancy cloth and sits in my drawing room doing nothing- does it sound better , sure ( Bass is more well rounded , warmer signature and since its bigger - more overall oomph and more air to move.)

But then , if you need more oomph , why not get bookshelves. Happy hunting !

Thanks Ravi - Rs9K is a fab deal for 2 of them! Am saving up for some bookshelf speakers but will keep an eye on the Soundcore prices :). Got mine for Rs6k during a sale back in August 2021. Cheers!
Trust me. The standalone speaker is good. But the stereo separation and the room-filling sound when placed properly are definitely worth it when you get a second speaker and play them in stereo.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back