Looking for Cheaper Remote/Alternative For Sony RM-SR100

tech33

Hi All,

I have an old Sony Hifi MHC-BX3/DX3 and I am really looking for some compatible remote just to Turn On/Off, +/- Volume nothing more.
I can see its Remote Copy here Sony RM-SR100 but its selling at 1.2K :rolleyes:

Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative? Any other suggestions ?

Regards
Tech33

Have you looked in to Universal Learning remote options? I see that there are few within Rs. 500 in Flipkart and Amazon. Since your requirements are very minimal, I would go with learning remote options.
One For All URC remotes are very good but may be on the expensive side here in India.

Have you looked in to Universal Learning remote options? I see that there are few within Rs. 500 in Flipkart and Amazon. Since your requirements are very minimal, I would go with learning remote options.
One For All URC remotes are very good but may be on the expensive side here in India.

Honestly, I haven’t not sure if I can map it up...any recommendations ?

Regards
Tech33

If you have the original remote working, you can use it to teach a learning remote . Learning remote- A sample one from Flipkart

But if you don't have working original (most probably your case), you need to borrow one from who has it or who has a Logitech Harmony remote and take their help to program their remote and teach the new remote controller you buy. There is a way to program a remote using jtag cable too, which I am not familiar with. Key mapping needs to be done using the hex codes or something like that.
Typically Universal remotes come with few pre-installed codes, if you are lucky, it might work out of the box for you.

Another option could be using a mobile phone which has IR emitter and program the phone or use it to program the learning remote.

Logitech has officially discontinued all production of Harmony remotes, but they are still supported and sold until stocks. So hurry if you want to get one.

Hi All,

I have an old Sony Hifi MHC-BX3/DX3 and I am really looking for some compatible remote just to Turn On/Off, +/- Volume nothing more.
I can see its Remote Copy here Sony RM-SR100 but its selling at 1.2K :rolleyes:

Can anyone suggest a cheaper alternative? Any other suggestions ?

Regards
Tech33
You can visit to your near by electronics market and can find a clone remote for 100rs. If staying in Mumbai there are many shops at Leamington Road which provide you with clone remote which works perfectly fine

Back