Looking for dolby Atmos Soundbar under 40K

Elpatrao

Hi all, I'm looking for soundbar suggestions for my home. My budget is around 30K but I can stretch it a bit if necessary. I would like a dolby complaint speaker (Atmos would be great).

Hi all, I'm looking for soundbar suggestions for my home. My budget is around 30K but I can stretch it a bit if necessary. I would like a dolby complaint speaker (Atmos would be great).

A sound bar will never compensate or really give you the surround experience like a theatre....but not all would want to invest in actual surround systems due to budget or spacing issues....see this video to understand the best soundbars which deliver the surround experience.

My advise. audition some systems at various places / dealers in your location. Then make a decision to get a good system.

Atmos at 30K is not possible. Not in any form. A sound bar or a full fledged setup.
Give up Atmos and your options open up to something decent atleast, by sound bar standards.
Note that these sounds bars are of no use for anything else, other than watching TV broadcasts. They are horrendous for music.
Unfortunately, I have no recommendations. I hate Soundbars like the plague. Also, the really good sound bars cost almost an arm and a leg! I can understand if you are limited by space and you have no other option, by all means go buy one.

Although Atmos is the buzzword now-a-days, but from whatever auditions I have taken for soundbars, I believe Atmos effect would require quite a bit of tailor-made listening room. Otherwise, it's not that prominent. Hence, I believe, it's better to focus of sound quality (no of speaker) and woofer quality. For the given budget, Polk magnify mini should be a worthy contender.

JBL 5.1 may also be available at approx. 45k and worth a try.

Sorry for hijacking this thread but do you guys think a soundbar would be better than a basic HTIB like Yamaha YHT-1840?

Sorry for hijacking this thread but do you guys think a soundbar would be better than a basic HTIB like Yamaha YHT-1840?
If you have the flexibility to install wired surround speaker, position the woofer etc. as per your requirement, it may still better bet to go for the Yamaha as compared to equal and say upto 1.2 times the cost of soundbar.

I believe, people are not buying soundbar over dedicated Ht set up for sound quality. Soundbar offer better flexibility specially to people living in aprtments with space constraint.

If you have the flexibility to install wired surround speaker, position the woofer etc. as per your requirement, it may still better bet to go for the Yamaha as compared to equal and say upto 1.2 times the cost of soundbar.

I believe, people are not buying soundbar over dedicated Ht set up for sound quality. Soundbar offer better flexibility specially to people living in aprtments with space constraint.
Also it is a pre-packaged option. Not much hassle. I am also considering the Samsung B67/XL, Sony HT-S700RF...

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back