Looking for my first turntable

Ask them if they can provide a 50hz pulley. It's a good TT with very good unipivot tonearm.

Regards
Sachin
People have been asking that for a while, and they have been saying no. they even put an FAQ article for it.

U Turn said:
U-Turn Audio products are currently available in the US and Canada only. Additionally, the Orbit requires a 120V/60Hz power supply to function properly (the turntable will run ~15% too slow in countries with 50Hz). We are working on creating a version of the Orbit that will work in 50Hz countries, but we do not yet have a clear release date for this. If you sign up for our mailing list, we will let you know when our products become available outside of North America.

DO NOT buy a U Turn TT for use in India/50Hz supply country. They use ac synchronous motors and you will need to buy a convertor which costs almost as much as the TT itself https://www.kccscientific.com/product/apollo-frequency-converter/
I doubt if 'mibnold' would bother to reply. This is old thread.

I have been reading about U Turn Audio right from their crowd funding Kickstarter days couple of years ago. compared to their first TT they have improved well. Both functionally and aesthetically. Looks like nice little nifty turntable. If must have I guess pulley can be made by master precision lathe work with some effort. But probably would have to forfeit the warranty. Which I think if imported directly would not be applicable anyway.
Regards

I doubt if 'mibnold' would bother to reply. This is old thread.

I have been reading about U Turn Audio right from their crowd funding Kickstarter days couple of years ago. compared to their first TT they have improved well. Both functionally and aesthetically. Looks like nice little nifty turntable. If must have I guess pulley can be made by master precision lathe work with some effort. But probably would have to forfeit the warranty. Which I think if imported directly would not be applicable anyway.
Regards
Yes it can be made with some calculations. It won't void any warranty as most pulleys are just hold by screw or pressed fit, no real modification is required.

Regards
Sachin

What makes me suspicious is that u turn has been very innovative otherwise. They have added a ton of features and add on stuff to the TT. But why would they stall for years on one simple part that would instantly multiply the potential demand for it's product? I can speculate, but something seems weird.

What makes me suspicious is that u turn has been very innovative otherwise. They have added a ton of features and add on stuff to the TT. But why would they stall for years on one simple part that would instantly multiply the potential demand for it's product? I can speculate, but something seems weird.
I am guessing here. For exports they would require dealers to handle warranty etc. stuff. And they may still be small company to appoint dealers, handle warranty, logistics. And probably selling directly to customers would be a hassle too. Sending and returning with out damage. Added shipping costs. etc.
They could try one thing though. Sell without warranty (But some customers might complain about minor things. TT users are finicky you know :p ) Or Sell with 60hz pulley to people who visit USA.
Regards

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back