Looking for reviews on viewsonic PX700HD projector

rajelectron

Hello everyone, planning to buy the projector for my newly constructing house.
i have filtered below projectors:
Optoma HD143X 1080p 3000 Lumens 3D DLP Home Theater Projector(HD143X)
OPTOMA TECHNOLOGY HD29Darbee 1080p 3200 Lumens 3D DLP Home Theater Projector

view sonic px700HD ...https://www.viewsonic.com/us/px700hd.html

i am mainly looking for watching movies and my budget goes from 70-80k max, the above optoma projectors reviews are good but am unable to find the review on viewsonic px700HD...please help me here ...whether its to good choice to consider any of aboveproject in my budget...apart from the above projectors , please feel free to suggest any other better models

I would not recommend chinese and without warranty. You should opt Viewsonic PX700HD with promising 3500 ANSI Lumens at a very competitive price which offers 2yrs warranty.

FYI - Xgimi H1 is aval in india, with official warranty for 70 ~ 80K..

Whats wrong with chinese ?.. Do you think they are substandard?..

When we have better brands at that price bracket why should one opt for Chinese.As long as you get Warranty support you can go with it.

Better features, price..

Xgimi H1 is 900ANSI Lumens were as Viewsonic PX700HD is 3500ANSI Lumens. So which would you opt for. And Viewsonic MRP is at 85,000₹ with 2yrs warranty.

2 yrs warranty is good for a projector.. But Xgimi H1 is an LED projector, where the bulb hrs is approx 30,000 hrs compared to traditional lamp like on viewsonic for 10,000 Hrs.. Also Xgimi H1 900 ANSI (LED) brightness is almost the same as any mainstream projector ANSI lumens (Lmap based) in comparison tests..

am really worried about chinese brands, as its diff to get part in case any repair....so i will stick to viewsonic for now.
Am staying in HYD...where we can get demo for this Xgimi H1 900 .....i picture quality is impressive i will consider this model...

am really worried about chinese brands, as its diff to get part in case any repair....so i will stick to viewsonic for now.
Am staying in HYD...where we can get demo for this Xgimi H1 900 .....i picture quality is impressive i will consider this model...

Stick with what your comfortable with. The H1 has a few advantages like almost zero fan noise, high colour purity, absence of the rainbow effect, built in Android , can be powered off instantly and a light source that will last a long time. It's more of a TV replacement than a projector that has to be babied. But if you don't care much about the above and must see the projector in action before buying stick with what your local dealers are selling.

3500 ANSI lumens on a traditional dlp projector will be more like around 1000 lumens for colour brightness, it's an inherint limitation of dlp lamp based projectors so ultimately both will be on the same level in terms of brightness.

Stick with what your comfortable with. The H1 has a few advantages like almost zero fan noise, high colour purity, absence of the rainbow effect, built in Android , can be powered off instantly and a light source that will last a long time. It's more of a TV replacement than a projector that has to be babied. But if you don't care much about the above and must see the projector in action before buying stick with what your local dealers are selling..

ohhh seams H1 has its own advantages....i did research in some local stores...none of them have H1 for demo....do u have any idea where can get demo for H1 in hyderbad/banglore(i may travel to bang-lore in next month).... at least any video link for H1 demo...

3500 ANSI lumens on a traditional dlp projector will be more like around 1000 lumens for colour brightness, it's an inherint limitation of dlp lamp based projectors so ultimately both will be on the same level in terms of brightness.
you mean to say 3500 ansi lumen = 1000 lumens.....which u will get same picture quality ...please bare with me..am a layman here ....try to understand ...the terms & technology .... :)

ohhh seams H1 has its own advantages....i did research in some local stores...none of them have H1 for demo....do u have any idea where can get demo for H1 in hyderbad/banglore(i may travel to bang-lore in next month).... at least any video link for H1 demo...

you mean to say 3500 ansi lumen = 1000 lumens.....which u will get same picture quality ...please bare with me..am a layman here ....try to understand ...the terms & technology .... :)

Videos can't reveal differences in quality. Further all 1080 p dlp projector's at this price bracket use the same chip so dont expect any major differences on quality. You can ping me when your in Bangalore if you want to see the H1.

As for colour brightness I'll make it as simple as possible but I doubt it's going to be.

ANSI lumens = measurement taken with a 100% white test pattern

CLO (colour light output) = output of r +g +b

In an ideal world ansi lumens will be equal to CLO for a 3 LCD projector. I'm bringing in three LCD projector's here as they have superior colour brightness also the light engine of a three LCD projector splits the light output of the lamp in r g and b before it hits the LCDs. Ofc in the real world the lamp based projector's "lamp" is not going to be perfect white so if ANSI lumens is about 3000, CLO after adjusting for colour accuracy will be about 1500 to 2000

Now let's come to DLP projector where there is only one DMD.(there are 3 dlp projector which have high colour accuracy but not at a price range affordable to a normal consumer). Here as there is only one dmd a colour wheel used and instead of slpitting the light at all times it flashes 3 different colours so rapidly that the reflected image of r g and b look like one " full colour image" however the speed at which the have to do it means a single frame is going to only look 1/3 as bright. So if dlp manufacturers labeled thier projectors as 1000 Ansi lumens and LCD projector manufacturers labeled theirs as 3000 lumens no one is going to buy a dlp projector are they? And do keep in mind the primary use of projector is in the board room and advertising not for home theater. So they came up with a solution where they added a white segment to the colour wheel so if the image displayed is white it's going to be the full 3000 lumens. Today several types of colour wheels exist like 6 segment wheels and so on but lamp based dlp projector's will always have lower colour brightness than LCD projectors with the same ANSI lumen rating.

LED dlp projector don't use a colour wheel as they use three LEDs one for each colour, they can't add a white segment and say it's 3000 lumens. Further leds are engineered to produce light between very specific wave lengths and this ensures the primary colour produced as pure as possible

Videos can't reveal differences in quality. Further all 1080 p dlp projector's at this price bracket use the same chip so dont expect any major differences on quality. You can ping me when your in Bangalore if you want to see the H1.

As for colour brightness I'll make it as simple as possible but I doubt it's going to be.

ANSI lumens = measurement taken with a 100% white test pattern

CLO (colour light output) = output of r +g +b

In an ideal world ansi lumens will be equal to CLO for a 3 LCD projector. I'm bringing in three LCD projector's here as they have superior colour brightness also the light engine of a three LCD projector splits the light output of the lamp in r g and b before it hits the LCDs. Ofc in the real world the lamp based projector's "lamp" is not going to be perfect white so if ANSI lumens is about 3000, CLO after adjusting for colour accuracy will be about 1500 to 2000

Now let's come to DLP projector where there is only one DMD.(there are 3 dlp projector which have high colour accuracy but not at a price range affordable to a normal consumer). Here as there is only one dmd a colour wheel used and instead of slpitting the light at all times it flashes 3 different colours so rapidly that the reflected image of r g and b look like one " full colour image" however the speed at which the have to do it means a single frame is going to only look 1/3 as bright. So if dlp manufacturers labeled thier projectors as 1000 Ansi lumens and LCD projector manufacturers labeled theirs as 3000 lumens no one is going to buy a dlp projector are they? And do keep in mind the primary use of projector is in the board room and advertising not for home theater. So they came up with a solution where they added a white segment to the colour wheel so if the image displayed is white it's going to be the full 3000 lumens. Today several types of colour wheels exist like 6 segment wheels and so on but lamp based dlp projector's will always have lower colour brightness than LCD projectors with the same ANSI lumen rating.

LED dlp projector don't use a colour wheel as they use three LEDs one for each colour, they can't add a white segment and say it's 3000 lumens. Further leds are engineered to produce light between very specific wave lengths and this ensures the primary colour produced as pure as possible
Thanks for the detailed explanation...i will ping u if am visit bangalore....i would carry most frequent watching movie with me to play in ur projector........

looks like benq is nice deal....but if we compare paper specs of benq 1050 and VS px700HD,the contrast ratio and lumens are better in VS PX700HD.
Benq marketing as 96% of rec 709....how much % does VS PX700 reproduce colors of rec 709,any idea??

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back