Looking for RX-V 485 compatible speakers.

abhilashkrishn

I have purchased Yamaha RX-V 485 AVR and need your help to select compatible speakers.
Looking mainly for music entertainment, room size is average.

If you are interested in slim floor standers at a very good price then I have my frugal horns for sale and I am based out of Bangalore. PM me if you are interested in one of the best speakers at the budget and can keep you happy for both music and home theatre.

Thanks

I have purchased Yamaha RX-V 485 AVR and need your help to select compatible speakers.
Looking mainly for music entertainment, room size is average.
I am driving polk s15/s35 with HTR 3067, which is not much different from your avr. I am satisfied with the performance. There's lot of headroom too.

I am driving polk s15/s35 with HTR 3067, which is not much different from your avr. I am satisfied with the performance. There's lot of headroom too.
Hi, how are these performing, I am planning to buy Rx-v485 and considering Polk s15 and s15 too and S10 for surrounds. Please provide your inputs.

Hi, how are these performing, I am planning to buy Rx-v485 and considering Polk s15 and s15 too and S10 for surrounds. Please provide your inputs.
Excellent performance. Able to use 50-60% of receiver power only. So lot of headroom remains.

Excellent performance. Able to use 50-60% of receiver power only. So lot of headroom remains.
Thank you. Sorry I should have asked earlier. Are these good for Music too my primary usage is to stream music and music videos. And how these speakers blend with Yamaha NS-SW200 as I have the space crunch can't get a bigger sub. And NS-SW200 dimensions suits my space. My listening position is less than 7 feet. Attached images of my layout and tv cabinet

Attachments

• Room Layout.png
    Room Layout.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN7465.JPG
    DSCN7465.JPG
    306.3 KB · Views: 21
Thank you. Sorry I should have asked earlier. Are these good for Music too my primary usage is to stream music and music videos. And how these speakers blend with Yamaha NS-SW200 as I have the space crunch can't get a bigger sub. And NS-SW200 dimensions suits my space. My listening position is less than 7 feet. Attached images of my layout and tv cabinet
These are excellent for music. But considering your primary use of music, why not a stereo amp and pair of bookshelves and sub. You can get a much better system that way which would excel for movies/tv as well. Just another thought.

I have no experience about Yamaha subs. I don't think that they are that highly regarded, especially for music. Maybe I am wrong.

These are excellent for music. But considering your primary use of music, why not a stereo amp and pair of bookshelves and sub. You can get a much better system that way which would excel for movies/tv as well. Just another thought.

I have no experience about Yamaha subs. I don't think that they are that highly regarded, especially for music. Maybe I am wrong.
Thanks a lot, will do some research as I am anyway not in a rush. :)

Try Yamaha ns 8390 towers. They are too good for the price. I used it with rx 371and was really good for music / movies. Never used / needed a sub with this spkrs.

Last edited:
I bought elac b6.2 and was thinking of the rxv485 to drive them. You can give those a look. They have great reviews

There are some decent Bookshelf speakers on sale over OLX in Mumbai.....explore them

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back