Looking for Speaker recommendations (Bookshelf Speakers only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi , Would you like to add JBL HDI-1600 & ELAC Uni-Fi 2.0 to your list ?

Should be able to get it for 1.5.
Hey George, You definitely come up with some nice suggestions man! The Uni-fi is definitely on the list. Speaking to Modern Audio, Domlur to see if they can arrange for a demo unit.
Thanks for the wonderful explanation. I to know some fm’s who know you and told me on what you do and why you do.
Like wise. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Love4sound and @Bloom@83 ,

Valid point! Why am i looking for a speaker? That too a Bookshelf now? Hmmm.

To all who are curious, I have 5 different amps and each one is different from one another. I am happy with my floor stander but some of my amps can’t drive those.

Another factor is I am in the look out for a Bookshelf this time. We all have upgrade itch right? So the same is with me.

Now I am in lookout for something really nice to pair with the amps I have built and that’s where the hunt is. I have heard a some of the bookshelves so far and I am trying to zero in. I want to look for more options before pulling my trigger.

As of now Trying to lug my amps along and see what goes well. If you guys have any suggestions for me, please advise. Let me try and see if I can audition it somewhere.

Another thing:). Just because one brand is good, I don’t want to make my house as a showroom for that brand. I have enough rooms to house multiple setups. People who know me in this forum and have come home know it. So it’s just an itch to own a BS. I think if one can host, having 2 to 3 set of speakers should not be a problem. I have multiple amps so I can set up things like how I want my music to sound. Again depends on the mood one is in. It’s just easier for me that way.

Suggestions are welcome on Bookshelf’s. Please feel free.

Regards,
Som
Then it’s high time you check out active monitors. Make life simple with awesome sound.
Kali audio LP8 (I personally own this…..and love it. Pair with a good measuring dac with xlr output)
Kali IN 8
JBL 4309
JBL 308 MKII
JBL 708p

Or maybe the passive JBL synthesis HDI 1600

(Yeah I know…..all of these have good measurements :):):))

Want To try Something Different ?
Try Magnepen LRS
Bro! This is too matured for me I guess. I am still in the slam bam era. Probably my taste for sound yet to be matured for Maggie’s. I am still in the look out to audition B&W 606 or the 607 S2. Just want to hear those out once before pulling the plug.
How do you know its fantastic? Have they been measured by an independent third party AND gone viral on the internet?

Heaven forbid you say this because they *gasp* sound good?!!? Sacrilege!

All in jest of course :)
Brother. I know where exactly you are coming from. The very same person who questioned your thoughts continues to question everyone. That’s said, people are different. Some understand and some don’t. Just take a chill pill. Measurements don’t prove all the time but it’s vice versa. I am a great fan of Nelson’s designs. Some like it some don’t. So be it. I am not questioning anything here. Just saying, what sounds good sounds good. That’s it. Period!

Hey, I believe everyone should decide for themselves what sounds good to them so I agree.

Someone once said -

"If it sounds good, it is good."

How do you know its fantastic? Have they been measured by an independent third party AND gone viral on the internet?

Heaven forbid you say this because they *gasp* sound good?!!? Sacrilege!

All in jest of course :)
I have golden ears. And I say so subjectively :). On a scale of 10 subjectivity scale …..or should I say wide soundstage, fluid and smooth highs, and bass with sub bass that’s hits on chest……I would recommend the Kali LP 8. The 8inch woofers , the well tuned amps. And the inbuilt dsp. And the price is sweet spot on. The directivity is also optimum….not so narrow like other ‘high end’ audiophile active speakers.

Off course you can believe me if you are subjectivist (hey I am a FM)…..or you may not, with a pinch of salt.(you can or cannot trust the measurements, it’s upto you. It’s your money and your hobby :))

PS: this is an addendum.

Last edited:
@Enkay78
The OP has some fantastic DiY power amps

Cheers,
Raghu
Active - amps and speakers tuned

He is searching for speakers to get well tuned sounds with his power amps…..the perennial rabbit hole. It’s upto self how deep or shallow.

Well I avoided going deep. Maybe I am not audiophile enough/audiophiliac :)

Why not Indiqaudio Mishras?
Looking for something different and a different signature altogether. It wouldn’t sound anything different from my towers. I mentioned once here before. They are good but I am looking at something that’s a typical 2 way design.

Edit: if I decide on a 3 way, I’d plunge on either a pre owned R300 or R3 if it falls within my range.
The experience with R300 yesterday was great. They are definitely very good. I loved it

Last edited:
Hi @Love4sound and @Bloom@83 ,

Valid point! Why am i looking for a speaker? That too a Bookshelf now? Hmmm.

To all who are curious, I have 5 different amps and each one is different from one another. I am happy with my floor stander but some of my amps can’t drive those.

Another factor is I am in the look out for a Bookshelf this time. We all have upgrade itch right? So the same is with me.

Now I am in lookout for something really nice to pair with the amps I have built and that’s where the hunt is. I have heard a some of the bookshelves so far and I am trying to zero in. I want to look for more options before pulling my trigger.

As of now Trying to lug my amps along and see what goes well. If you guys have any suggestions for me, please advise. Let me try and see if I can audition it somewhere.

Another thing:). Just because one brand is good, I don’t want to make my house as a showroom for that brand. I have enough rooms to house multiple setups. People who know me in this forum and have come home know it. So it’s just an itch to own a BS. I think if one can host, having 2 to 3 set of speakers should not be a problem. I have multiple amps so I can set up things like how I want my music to sound. Again depends on the mood one is in. It’s just easier for me that way.

Suggestions are welcome on Bookshelf’s. Please feel free.

Regards,
Som
Thanks for your explanation. Although I must say that the way you were hyping IndiQ on every thread and bashing others who legitimately raised questions- that it felt as if IndiQ had created an untouchable product that’s the audiophile’s ultimate wet dream , for the price.

And now they are just ‘good’ ? So what happened to bring these mighties down biting the dust ? Doesn’t that merit a few lines , if not a thread ?

Thanks for your explanation. Although I must say that the way you were hyping IndiQ on every thread and bashing others who legitimately raised questions- that it felt as if IndiQ had created an untouchable product that’s the audiophile’s ultimate wet dream , for the price.

And now they are just ‘good’ ? So what happened to bring these mighties down biting the dust ? Doesn’t that merit a few lines , if not a thread ?

Good point.

How does it matter. Again. They are what they are. Is it a crime for me to look for a different brand ?? You are also an enthusiast. Do you stick to just one product ? You may have your favourites but does not mean we only choose that.
Just because Biriyani from Nagarjuna is excellent, does not mean, given a chance we can eat that 3 meals a day everyday for 365 days. We get bored right ? We look for changes. So am I ?

Just to add some more to the questions.
1) My use case is totally different. Towers are in my main living. Fairly large living room and the bookshelf is for my second room where I intent to spend time without disturbing the rest of my family members.

2) For BS, I am planning with a good budget and my use case is different with different amp.

I have listened to Indiq BS for quite a while and they sound great, but want to try a high end that pairs extremely well with my amps. That’s about it !

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back