Looking for Stereo Setup

Sim

Hello,

I am Vinod and am from Surat, India.

I am looking:confused: for decent stereo setup for my bedroom and my budget is Rs. 75000 (plus or minus 5%)

I have heard Tannoy & B&W at local dealer's place, I like:p Tannoy Fusion 4.

Dealer is insisting on Tannoy Fusion 4 with Onkyo stereo amplifier A-9555:confused: .

He has suggested me Kimber 4VS (Biwire) for speaker cable.

Kindly advice me.

Sincerely,

Vin Sim.:D

Hello,

I am Vinod and am from Surat, India.

I am looking:confused: for decent stereo setup for my bedroom and my budget is Rs. 75000 (plus or minus 5%)

I have heard Tannoy & B&W at local dealer's place, I like:p Tannoy Fusion 4.

Dealer is insisting on Tannoy Fusion 4 with Onkyo stereo amplifier A-9555:confused: .

He has suggested me Kimber 4VS (Biwire) for speaker cable.

Kindly advice me.

Sincerely,

Vin Sim.:D

The Tannoy Fusion 4 will sound great with either NAD 320BEE or Cambridge Audio Azur 640A v2.0

Also the Fusion 4 is front ported and not fussy about placement. It can be placed close to the back wall. BTW how much is the Fusion 4 costing you?? With your budget of 75K you could go with:

NAD 320BEE or Cambridge Audio Azur 640A v2.0 (24K)

Cambridge Audio Azur 640C v2.0 (24K)

That would leave you about 25-26K for the apeakers. You can leave out the speaker cables for now.

Avoid the Onkyo.

manek.

Exactly...

Look at Monitor Audio Bronze B2, EPos Bookshelf speaker, Dynaudio Audience 42, Energy Bookshelfs.....

For amps, its better to stick to 20-22k budget (NAD-320BEE is cool)

For CDP check out NAD521BEE, Marantz CD5000 (15k range).

Basically try to the best possible speaker since they will make the largest difference.

Just heard that Play (sushil anand, mumbai) has brought in a french brand called "Advance Acoustic" into India and they are VFM.

Tube CDP, preamps, power amps, integrateds, integrated with DAC, tube DAC etc......I believe they are pitted againt the nad line....I havent heard them but worth checking out.

manek.

The Tannoy Fusion 4 will sound great with either NAD 320BEE or Cambridge Audio Azur 640A v2.0

Those are good recommendations. I've heard the Fusion4 set with both amps and they work well together. But if you like it a bit bassy, the NAD 320BEE will suit you better.

Hi Vinod,

It is great above mention your set up, Tannoy Fusion 4 is very best speakers for it's price range. if you looking with NAD 320 BEE amp with this combination it is very great enjoy with Tannoy Fusuion 4. it is definately best.

Hi Vinod,

It is great above mention your set up, Tannoy Fusion 4 is very best speakers for it's price range. if you looking with NAD 320 BEE amp with this combination it is very great enjoy with Tannoy Fusuion 4. it is definately best.

Hi,

Any idea how much the Tannoy Fusion 4 costs? Dealers In Bombay? Thanks!

francis

Those are good recommendations. I've heard the Fusion4 set with both amps and they work well together. But if you like it a bit bassy, the NAD 320BEE will suit you better.

Edit Something wrong with the quote option.. My reply to maxtor is below

Last edited:
check out the monitor audio bronze and the kef q series for speakers. once you decide on the speakers we can help you with the amp

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back