Looking for suggestions - Speakers for Music

govindp

Friends,

Looking for your suggestions for Floor standing / bookshelf speakers. Following are the specs..

1. 100% for Music
2. Room size - 22 X 14 ft
3. Budget - 75k limit (if something really deserves a little more, want to know abt it).
4. Music that I listen to - Indian classical both vocal / instruments, Hindi - both old and new, Ghazals, a little bit of POP as well...

What I have now:
1. Amp - Yamaha AX 497 (ready to upgrade in next one year)
2. Source - NAD 515BEE (will upgrade along with the amp)
3. I had Wharfedale 9.5s, but, using them in my dedicated HT now.

I cant audition any in my town. but, will be in Bangalore for a day on December 31st. so, would like to know which is the best place to listen to your suggested speakers in Bangalore (if you know)..

Thanks in advance!
Govind.

well.. not sure if something wrong in my thread.. not even a single suggestion so far. did i miss anything?

Anyway, based on what I have read in this form, i have shortlisted the below.

1. QUAD 22L2
2. Dali IKON 6
3. Monitor Audio RS 6

I believe these fall under my budget. do they? will they work for my taste listed above? which one is better? anyone knows where I can audition them in Bangalore?

Thanks in advance!

Vector Systems
TOTAL SOUNDS
Absolute Phase (Prithivi forum member)
ARN SYSTEMS (Sridhar forum member)
Audio Planet

Last edited:
Quad 22L2 - Total Sound, South end circle
MA RS6/Dali Ikon 6 - ARN Systems, Coles Road

Both the addresses can be found with a bit of googling.

Hey

- Try audio planet (Behind BDA complex Koramangala) for the below brands
(1) Monitor Audio
(2) Mourdant Short

Both brands have models within your budget. I just got the Monitor Audio M6 floorstanders a month ago. Very good for the price of 36K.

Note : Please give Mr. Palani (the owner) a call before you go there for an audition

- Try Profx (M.G. Road) for the below brands
Polk Audio
KeF
Mission
Focal (very expensive)

- There is another place called ARN system (Fraser town Bangalore)

Check out the forum. One member is selling Dynaudio Focus bookshelf speakers which are well within your budget. They would be far superior to the ones you have short listed.

Hi Govind,
You should also listen to PSB Synchrony 1B or 2B for your music taste and room size. You can audition the same at Bangalore, Delhi as well as Mumbai.

Ashish

Thanks guys for all the suggestions and information! Unfortunately, my plan got changed and could not spend time on this last week. so, audition is postponed till my next visit to any of the metros:sad:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back