Looking for used integrated amplifier NAD or Marantz

Kamal K

Hello Friends,

I need some assistance here.
I am looking for a used integrated amplifier of NAD or Marantz brand.
My budget is 4-5K .Cant stretch my budget for now. I am based in Bangalore and looking for a local seller preferably a forum member so that audition can be done.

Thanks for your help.

Kamal

I remember seeing an ad in hifiads.com for an older generation NAD integrated for around 8K. Might be worth a look, though it is still beyond your budget.

Best,
APK

Very few people sell Marantz amplifiers, at least those which are in good condition.
Unfortunately in your budget it will be difficult to find one. In fact I am on the lookout for one myself. 10K still gives you an opportunity, do you mind telling us what speakers will you be using the amplifier with or what is your purpose?

Hello shibashis,

I have just bought new Marantz CD5004 player & Klipsch Reference -R -15M speakers (Both still packed as no amplifier)

Plan to buy a new Marantz PM 5005 in some months but till that time I am looking for some app.

I will not be able to judge whether a amp is in good condition or not so don't want to risk much while buying a used one.

BR,
Kamal

Maybe you should buy a Chinese classD amp like the SMSL50 as a stop gap measure. It's low cost, tiny and can be used for other purposes ( amp for your computer ?) and sounds good. ( $78 on eBay with power supply )
Otherwise it might be better to just wait till you buy a new ( bigger ) amp.
I bought a SMSL50 without power supply for slightly less. I use a locally bought supply. I suggest you get the power supply also. You can now buy directly from the SMSL company.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMSL-High-P...855?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20e54a89b7

This amp sounds very good and is great value for money.

Last edited:
Maybe you should buy a Chinese classD amp like the SMSL50 as a stop gap measure. It's low cost, tiny and can be used for other purposes ( amp for your computer ?) and sounds good. ( $78 on eBay with power supply )
Otherwise it might be better to just wait till you buy a new ( bigger ) amp.
I bought a SMSL50 without power supply for slightly less. I use a locally bought supply. I suggest you get the power supply also. You can now buy directly from the SMSL company.
SMSL High Power SA 50 50WX2 T Amp HiFi Digital Amplifier FP Color Optional | eBay

This amp sounds very good and is great value for money.

---------------------------------------------
But one pertinent question,, How much one has to pay as custom duty?

---------------------------------------------
But one pertinent question,, How much one has to pay as custom duty?

CUSTOMS ISSUES:

I was about to write about this. Typically it used to be just under 40% . However in Chennai customs something has happened. They now keep parcels back for over a month and open them all. They have a new Xray I am told. Why that should delay it so much I don't know. Besides this they started charging 100% duty as of late. Ask the seller to put the correct value on the package. Also indicate what the Indian customs HFS code applies to it. You can find that on the web.The maximum duty that can be charged is 41% for anything.
I got an amp kit costing Rs1,700/- . Duty was Rs1690/- . I sent it back with a letter giving a copy of the Paypal receipt and copy of Sellers invoice. Let's see what happens. This happened on the 27th of Jan.

Remember you 'should not accept' the parcel. Note down the customs slip number stuck to the package. Go to the post office immediately , meet the Post master and give him the letter and copies and say that it is to be sent back to customs for re-assesment. Mark 're-assesment' clearly on the letter and include package number AND the number of the customs duty slip stuck on the package. The post master will send back the package with the letter to the customs. Supposedly it will take 2 weeks again !
Tell the postman VERY clearly what you are going to do and why you are sending it back. He should not send it back to the 'seller' ! Ask him to keep it at the PO for a couple of days and you will meet the post master. Officially, any package that is not delivered should be kept at the office for 7 days before being sent back.

HS Code List | India Harmonized System Code | HS Classification ( search page for all products)
( select Chapter 85 for HS code for audio products)

8518 for amplifiers and 8541 for parts with unassembled board.

Enter a value including postage ( CIF) and you get the total duty that can be charged. There is a charge of Rs 30 for delivery.

CUSTOMS ISSUES:

I was about to write about this. Typically it used to be just under 40% . However in Chennai customs something has happened. They now keep parcels back for over a month and open them all. They have a new Xray I am told. Why that should delay it so much I don't know. Besides this they started charging 100% duty as of late. Ask the seller to put the correct value on the package. Also indicate what the Indian customs HFS code applies to it. You can find that on the web.The maximum duty that can be charged is 41% for anything.
I got an amp kit costing Rs1,700/- . Duty was Rs1690/- . I sent it back with a letter giving a copy of the Paypal receipt and copy of Sellers invoice. Let's see what happens. This happened on the 27th of Jan.

Remember you 'should not accept' the parcel. Note down the customs slip number stuck to the package. Go to the post office immediately , meet the Post master and give him the letter and copies and say that it is to be sent back to customs for re-assesment. Mark 're-assesment' clearly on the letter and include package number AND the number of the customs duty slip stuck on the package. The post master will send back the package with the letter to the customs. Supposedly it will take 2 weeks again !
Tell the postman VERY clearly what you are going to do and why you are sending it back. He should not send it back to the 'seller' ! Ask him to keep it at the PO for a couple of days and you will meet the post master. Officially, any package that is not delivered should be kept at the office for 7 days before being sent back.

HS Code List | India Harmonized System Code | HS Classification ( search page for all products)
( select Chapter 85 for HS code for audio products)

8518 for amplifiers and 8541 for parts with unassembled board.

Enter a value including postage ( CIF) and you get the total duty that can be charged. There is a charge of Rs 30 for delivery.
-----------------------------------------
Very complicated!
I need your guidance in a matter similar to this. I am sending you a PM, please respond (PM only)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back