Looking for Yamaha YHT-1840 HTIB in Chennai

psychotropic

After a great deal of consideration I decided I want to get a Yamaha YHT-1840 (I have a Wharfedale SPC10 sub that i plan to connect to its pre-out). But I can't seem to find it in stock anywhere, neither online or offline in Chennai. Would anyone here have any leads on how/where I could get hold of one? I would be very grateful for any leads.

Just to pre-empt any well-intentioned friends here, I am not looking for alternatives or better options, I specifically want this HTIB. Please let me know if anyone can help. Thanks in advance!

So I got the Logitech Z906 and i am really really impressed with how it sounds! I have not actually heard the Yamaha YHT-1840, but by itself, with its passive subwoofer, i very much doubt that it could match up to this. The satellites have a great level of detail (even the high frequences are much better than I expected, considering these are full range drivers) and the sub is tight and loud enough. Overall for a small-ish living room like mine this is a perfect setup.

I am never going to make use of Atmos or the lossless surround codecs, so the limitations of this system don't affect me very much either.

I was surprised by how well it handles music also. All my years of dabbling in audiophilia have been 2-channel focused, and I have treated HT setups with mild disdain, especially budget ones, but this setup did a really impressive job with all my music test tracks (including Donald Fagen's morph the cat, and Eric Johnson's Manhattan from the G3 album). The mids/vocals are more forward than they are on my stereo setup (which makes its performance with dialogues in video content excellent), and the soundstage is not quite as expansive, but it held its own commendably against a stereo setup that cost several times the price of this. I wouldn't be unhappy listening to music on this.

If you're like me and considering an HTIB, definitely have a look at the Z906 also. It's a solid deal for 25k.

I am also looking for YHT 1840 but because it is not available anywhere so considering Logitech Z906, I did not need cutting-edge Dolby codecs just want a good enough system for music listing, little worried about the lifespan of Z906 cause Logitech did not support repairing if any bad happens with the system & it is not even possible to fix from repair shops so after the warranty period any fault, I lost my 25k.

So I got the Logitech Z906 and i am really really impressed with how it sounds! I have not actually heard the Yamaha YHT-1840, but by itself, with its passive subwoofer, i very much doubt that it could match up to this. The satellites have a great level of detail (even the high frequences are much better than I expected, considering these are full range drivers) and the sub is tight and loud enough. Overall for a small-ish living room like mine this is a perfect setup.

I am never going to make use of Atmos or the lossless surround codecs, so the limitations of this system don't affect me very much either.

I was surprised by how well it handles music also. All my years of dabbling in audiophilia have been 2-channel focused, and I have treated HT setups with mild disdain, especially budget ones, but this setup did a really impressive job with all my music test tracks (including Donald Fagen's morph the cat, and Eric Johnson's Manhattan from the G3 album). The mids/vocals are more forward than they are on my stereo setup (which makes its performance with dialogues in video content excellent), and the soundstage is not quite as expansive, but it held its own commendably against a stereo setup that cost several times the price of this. I wouldn't be unhappy listening to music on this.

If you're like me and considering an HTIB, definitely have a look at the Z906 also. It's a solid deal for 25k.
What about the surround sound, I'm thinking of getting this one. I will connect to this my 4k tv with optical out since Z906 doesn't have arc, Currently borrowed my friend's Sony HT IV 300, its meh. Sub is overpowered, drowns out other frequencies. Little to no mids and highs and doesn't support any lossless Dolby or DTS codec through arc even though manual says it supports, planning to get Z906. But kind of worried about the sound quality.

What about the surround sound, I'm thinking of getting this one. I will connect to this my 4k tv with optical out since Z906 doesn't have arc, Currently borrowed my friend's Sony HT IV 300, its meh. Sub is overpowered, drowns out other frequencies. Little to no mids and highs and doesn't support any lossless Dolby or DTS codec through arc even though manual says it supports, planning to get Z906. But kind of worried about the sound quality.
FOr the 5.1 content that's available, the surround is great! Very precise imaging, good soundstage etc. etc. Don't think any HTIB in this price range will match this quality.

For Yamaha THT 1840, try amazon.in. One may get a chance to get one at around 30k (ensure that seller is appario retail). Got one myself, May 2022 import and for the price, no complaints. May be going for a speaker upgrade later on. For the limited purpose of movies and occasional music videos, found it enough.

Logitech Z906 is an old but well known THX certified speaker system and has good sound quality for small room. But purists do not like it :)
+1.
The Z906 is very good for the price, and yes, THX certified. But it has no HDMI, means it is not futureproof. Also the after sales service is patchy in Kerala where I live. Don't know about big cities. Logitech as we know makes peripherals that require no or little support within 1 year, the normal warranty period, and I guess few people would approach them for product service even after warranty. A friend of mine had had a tough time getting it serviced when the 906 went kaput after 3 years of use.

The Z906 is a "use-daily" product, it is not for weekend or once in a month usage.. That's what I learnt from his experience.

I have been using Z906 for last 6 years. Won’t comment on the SQ, but the reliability aspect is quite good. The thing looks like it is built to last. Only weak point is remote, which may need replacement if not cared properly.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back