Looking to buy DVD player built in amplifier and FM

snshah

Hello Everybody,
I am looking to buy a good quality dvd player for my parents with has built in amplifier and supports FM.

Background:
My parents were using Sony hifi music system (MHC RV-990D) purchased back in 2003. The amplifier recently gone bad couple of weeks ago. They did some research and spent almost 3k to repair but no luck as the amplifier is too old and no parts available.

They like to listen FM everyday and sometime watch movie from DVD. The speakers (I have no idea about watt or ohms) which came along with the system is still working fine and good for their daily needs and working fine and most importantly they do not want those speakers to dispose. :(

Guys, Please help me suggest to find the best solution. I would like to make them happy this weekend.

Thanks

Thanks Saket for suggestion. Would it support the existing speakers set? Because, I did not find technical / built in amplifier specification of the product.

Please advise.

Thanks Saket for suggestion. Would it support the existing speakers set? Because, I did not find technical / built in amplifier specification of the product.

Please advise.

True. It will not support direct output to your current speaker set. Somehow that condition skipped my mind while recommending it.

BTW, this Akai claims to have inbuilt amps and a host of other features too. See, if that checks all your requirements.:)
ADVD9100

True. It will not support direct output to your current speaker set. Somehow that condition skipped my mind while recommending it.

BTW, this Akai claims to have inbuilt amps and a host of other features too. See, if that checks all your requirements.:)
ADVD9100

Thanks for the recommendation but I do not feel comfortable buying Chinese brand as I do not want my parents to end up having trouble in 6 months or in a year. Please suggest some good DVD/blu ray player.

Thanks for the recommendation but I do not feel comfortable buying Chinese brand as I do not want my parents to end up having trouble in 6 months or in a year. Please suggest some good DVD/blu ray player.

I will look for another player but Akai is not a Chinese company. It was a Japanese company IIRC, but now it is headquartered in Singapore. The products are not bad.:)

Hi

Videocon and some brands of Philips have DVD players with built in amp and FM...their websites will provide further details....remember..these will have less amp power and will not possibly provide the output the SONY system used to deliver in the past...

You could possibly look at getting a DVD player with FM and also purchasing a separate integrated amplifier to run these speakers...there are some good integrated amps like Norge, Sonodyne , Cambridge Audio or Marantz available over Hi Fi Mart...all depends on your budget and what appeals to you....

Since it is meant for you parents and they would require something simple to use...would recommend you to see the Home Threatre in a Box series of Philips or Sony which starts from 8k or 9 k onwards which has DVD or Blu Ray with USB and FM and of course speakers....atleast operations for them will be easier to handle...

Hope this helps...

Thanks for the suggestions and recommendations. I think it would be better of to buy a new. Can you please suggest? Budget is not more than 10k. Even good portable stereo system with FM and DVD player will work.

Hi

There are 5 Vijay Sales stores at Ahmedabad

Untitled Page

Here are a few models they have displayed online...personally visit the store and see what appeals to you in terms of looks, performance and budget...There will be more options to see....ask the sales person to show you models which are more than 6k but within 10k.....see the models and shortlist the ones that appeal to you...in terms of technical assistance on which of the shortlisted ones is good, please get back to me with the details...I will evaluate and recommend.

HOME THEATER Products, HOME THEATER ENTERTAINMENT Products, HOME THEATER Price, HOME THEATER price in India, Buy HOME THEATER ENTERTAINMENT online shopping - at Vijay Sales - Mumbai, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, etc.

Hope this helps....

I am going to throw a curveball here and recommend getting a cheap TP20 amp (5K) along with a regular Philips DVD player (which I reckon may be around 3-4K). The amp is quite portable and at a future date can be used for a secondary audio system if paired with good bookshelves.

Hello Everybody,
I am looking to buy a good quality dvd player for my parents with has built in amplifier and supports FM.

Background:
My parents were using Sony hifi music system (MHC RV-990D) purchased back in 2003. The amplifier recently gone bad couple of weeks ago. They did some research and spent almost 3k to repair but no luck as the amplifier is too old and no parts available.

They like to listen FM everyday and sometime watch movie from DVD. The speakers (I have no idea about watt or ohms) which came along with the system is still working fine and good for their daily needs and working fine and most importantly they do not want those speakers to dispose. :(

Guys, Please help me suggest to find the best solution. I would like to make them happy this weekend.

Thanks

There were DVD based system from all major brands like Onkyo/Yamaha (or) atleast i have seen them in the web....

You can try for them in olx in your city/state... If you get hold of one, you will be lucky...

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back