Lossless streaming solution for apple music

There are three ways to play hi-res apple music on your AVR. I have tested 2 and 3.

1) If you have an Apple TV 4th generation or later, connect the HDMI to the avr. Your subscription will be available on the Apple TV. I have the 3rd generation Apple TV (10080p). The only option I have is to use airplay and that totally rules out hi-res. But 4th generation and later, the Music App on the device can access your subscription.

2) If you have firestick (any model), enable Alexa Skill for Apple Music using the alexa android app. When you enable that, it will prompt you to link your apple id with the firestick. After that you can just say "Play Beatles on Apple Music", Play "badshah" on apple music. The steps are detailed here. You can also chose "Apple Music" to be the default provider instead of "Amazon Music". In that case when you ask alexa to play a song, it will chose apple music.

3) If you have a good USB DAC than just get an adaptor usb-c to usb-a and connect your DAC to the charging port of the android phone. Be sure to enable hi-res option in audio quality in the settings of the Apple Music android app. In my case, my DAC has a indicator of the bitrate and it shows 96 khz, 192 khz, etc depending on the music file availble in the itunes store. My phone has a usb-c connector for charging. So I have used the below adaptor to connect my DAC to my android phone. Another phone has a usb micro port. So I used a usb-micro to usb a connector and that too is able to play hi-res. Using an external dac allows you to bypass the android limitation of 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz wheny playing natively or using the audio out of the phone.1637247161203.png

1637246853237.png

2) If you have firestick (any model), enable Alexa Skill for Apple Music using the alexa android app. When you enable that, it will prompt you to link your apple id with the firestick. After that you can just say "Play Beatles on Apple Music", Play "badshah" on apple music. The steps are detailed here. You can also chose "Apple Music" to be the default provider instead of "Amazon Music". In that case when you ask alexa to play a song, it will chose apple music.
Great I can try it as I have both echo and firestick 4k too...does this play hires ?

Can you recommend some good USB DAC's
I am not anyone who has expertise but have done some research recently for cheap and good dacs...

Boss allo dac v2 has great reviews everywhere
Ifi zen dac v2 also has great reviews

Both are sub 15k closer to 12k I think

You can install android apps on Windows 11, should be possible to get Apple Music in such way.

I am yet to jump on Windows 11, anyone using can confirm if this can be done.

Gave this a try yesterday, got Windows 11 update few days back.
Went through few steps to have android apps on Windows, installed apple music APK.

It runs and plays, shows hi res but on my DAC it shows 44.1
Funny thing is even some songs which are 48khz show up as 44.1

Can i hear the difference, no not at all.

Gave this a try yesterday, got Windows 11 update few days back.
Went through few steps to have android apps on Windows, installed apple music APK.

It runs and plays, shows hi res but on my DAC it shows 44.1
Funny thing is even some songs which are 48khz show up as 44.1

Can i hear the difference, no not at all.
Oh no I was hoping this works.. Thanks for the update though

I recently bought Dragon Fly Red to use in my Car (Phone>OTG>Dragonfly>Aux) and it works very well. Plays HiRes and the sound quality has improved a LOT
I too got Dragon Red, its excellent Dad, used to connect to with my Mac(Mac-Integrated Amp- Speaker) also used to connect my iPhone using adaptor to headphone, great sound quality.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back